Mom & BF Worrying

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by kait, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kait

kait Member

Yesterday my boyfriend kept trying to force me to eat something and my mom told him "I'd rather she not eat than eat it and go puke". Then she started talking about her friends' little sister who died from bulimia because after however long she'd been doing it her body just wouoldn't keep any food down.
    I feel like it should have scared me, but I kind of didn't care.
    I went and threw up all of my dinner that my boyfriend kept telling me to eat.
    I've purged about three times today and I usually do it at least twice, the most maybe five.
    I do think about the effects it has on me sometimes. Every now and then I get scared (usually because my heartbeat feels irregular, I have acid reflux, and I just generally don't feel good most of the time), but the urge to do it is stronger than any kind of fear I have really.
    I don't know what to do or think. I feel horrible about lying to my boyfriend because he thinks that I stopped doing it months ago.
    I've been bulimic for about six years and have only stopped for a couple months at a time, except two years ago when I was pregnant (quit for about 10 months)
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you quit for 9 months you know you can do it It is better when you have professional help though easier. You need to stop and reach out and get well not just for your loved ones around you but for you hugs
  3. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Your Mother and BF really do care about you I wish I had a BF who was that supportive of me because some BF's don't care about you one bit and they aren't willing to help you either. But your mother doesn't want to lose your to this Bulimia or Anorexia you need to get out of this spiral that you're in. Please let us help you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.