Moms dieing..

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Stranger1, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I heard from my sister today that my mom had a seveere stroke..She's in surgery right now but it doesn't look good.. One artery is blocked and another is about to explode..They don't know if she will make it out of surgery because of the antithesia..I'm reaching out for your prayers..It's hard on me because I am not religous but she is..So your prayers will greatly appreciated..I don't know what else to say..My heart is in my throat right now..
  2. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Im sorry to hear that stranger, I hope that it goes ok for your Mum. Best wishes and prayers Amy x
  3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I'll be praying for your whole family hun. :hug: Really sorry to hear this :( Here if you need someone to talk to.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Prayers being said right now hun I do hope the surgery goes well and you do not have to wait long to hear she is on the mend hugs to you
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Joseph, I'm thinking of you and your family. Will say a prayer for you all.
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Lots of caring thoughts being sent to you. Please don't feel alone in this, look at all your friends here who care about you.

Will certainly say a prayer for her and for you.
  7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:hug: prayers and candle lit
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry and your mother, your family and you will be in my heart and prayers...J
  9. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that! Will be lifting you all in prayer, and will be praying that surgeon's hands are guided and for miracles to occur.

Take care and let us know how she gets on.
  10. Jelly

Jelly Well-Known Member

My greatest condolences and prayers to your family. Hope things are going okay. <3
  11. Stranger1

I just had an update.. She made it thru surgery.. The two veinns were in her brain so for right now at least she is paralyzed on her right side.. They saw a white spot on her brain so there doing another CT scan tomorrow.. There not sure what it is,..I want to thnak all of yoou for your support.. It has gotten her this far..Thank You!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  12. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Joe, I have worked with many patients who have had closed head traumas (e.g. strokes, TBI) so if I can be of any help, please send me a PM...all of you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...J
  13. capex

capex Active Member

My dad had a stroke, so I know exactly what you feel. Although it was 6 years ago and he survived, (he still is hardly recovered from it), I know what these tense moments feel like. There are many many more like you and I, so remember you aren't alone. You'll make it through. It's tough, but you can do it. <3
  14. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm so glad she made it through surgery. You're in my thoughts! :hug:
  15. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

with therapy depending how sever the stroke she can be independant again hun i am so happy she got through surgery hugs to you
  16. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

J I'm sorry to hear your about your dear Mums stroke but pleased she pulled through the surgery..
    so glad you got to spend the time with her on your trip before she became so ill.

understand how scarey it must be for you...:arms: :console:
  17. Stranger1

Update #2- They are moving mom to a private room..She still doesn't have feeling on her right side and can barely speak..So at least that much is looking good.. I still have a question about the spot they saw on her brain..They will be moveing her to a rehabilitation place in a few days..So thank you all for your thoughts and prayers..I hope this is the end of it..Take care!!
  18. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:hugtackles: :console: :console: :cheekkiss: :hug: :arms:
  19. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family!
  20. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Well I am glad she is doing better!! Here for you if you need me! :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.