Monday November 18 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Well it's Monday so have to face the week of work. Just trying to be positive and to attack the day as best as I can,

I did manage to pack all the books in the foyer bookcases and my office. As well as OH's watering can collection and the majority of the bottom half of the hutch. Need more boxes, paper and bubble wrap to continue. So may get it today after work or maybe tomorrow as today I'm in Sun City. So at least it is a start. The real challenge is going to be my clothes as those require trying on, deciding what is never going to fit again etc etc. So will start on those maybe tonight as believe the majority will have to given away as have gotten so fat and we don't have closet space really to speak of in the new house.

OH called his brother RV who was disappointed I know to learn that we are buying a house here as know he thought we might move to Michigan...and part of me hopes that we do but after I have had a few more years at the law firm and also we can't leave with AV here so maybe 4 more years here but who knows what the future really holds. But I am glad that the two of them have talked as otherwise it would be something to face and this way they are talking and will get passed it and move on. As I admit given our age difference it would be so hlpful to be closer to RV so if things come up I have a support network of sorts and vice versa as well.

Having anxiety dreams which can't quire remember but wake up feeling anxious and depressed so know that my brain is working through this move and the new job....on top of AV and my father etc etc. I just have to take it one day at a time and we will get there. I will feel better once more stuff is packed and of course once our loan has been approved. As that is the biggest hurdle. There is so much to do and really not much time as we have a 40 day escrow so it is short. So we need to arrange for movers, arrange to sell stuff, get this place clean, get the carpets cleaned, find someone to house sit our dog at their place for the movers especially.

The last time we both moved a lot of it ourselves but not sure how much of that we will do this time as not as convenient to do a trip before work or OH to do during the day as he doesn't have a truck. Just hope we can maintain controlled chaos. In reality OH should take my car as better for moving things but also don't want him to overdo it either. I think we are going to try to set the date as Jan 1st as then wont have to pay another month's rent...though that only gives us 2 weeks to get it all done. Would be more relaxing to have Feb 1 as deadline but that would mean paying rent and the mortgage so that isn't realistic.

And so worried about our agent as he had a severe allergic reaction to a med given to him at urgent care so hope he is ok and doesn't have any long term health issues from it. And just takes the time to recover and not worry too much about us as sure there is another agent is his office who can help him out so he can just get better.

I have an ICAP meeting this Wednesday so looking forward to that as will be something outside work and packing so a nice break even though have to drive to Riverside for it after work.

It is hard to believe that we have lived here 5 years..time has flown by in many respects...and this rental has served as a transition of sorts for us. Me with losing my job and starting a new career...OH with getting our finances a bit more on firmer ground. But it is time for a move especially for him...not so much for me really as I will be working but he has the chance to become involved. If he can't seem to do that there then I'm not sure what more he could want. So I am thinking optimistically that he will find more fulfillment for his life,

I see FG on Saturday which isn't the greatest timing given all we need to do but also do need to see him as he is my touchstone of sorts and a break from all the stress of the move and the job. And given that I didn't see RW last time may try to do this weekend...but will have to see how OH deals with this as sure that he wont be happy about it. But I am resolved to do it as need that for myself. So will write it on the calendar and then talk to him about it tonight.

I put in the trash can all the papers that documented the downturn of my job at the museum...brought back so many memories of how awful the last 2 years were there...amazing how that is still such a fresh and raw experience for me despite my starting this new career as a paralegal. Just brought back all the memories of it all...my trying to negotiate my way through that quagmire of a toxic environment. So feeling very vulnerable right now I admit. As worry so the same thing will happen at SCWM...but am determined for it not to happen. It is just a matter of my working as hard as I can, be responsive to the requests from VJH and to follow through on all of them. I just have to compartmentalize my life so am 110% at work doing work things and 110% when at home doing packing etc. for the move. As it is important for me to keep these 2 things separate from one another so neither suffers as it has in the past. So the goal is to be 110% present for each and not allow the other to impact the one.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Well it's Monday so have to face the week of work. Just trying to be positive and to attack the day as best as I can,

I did manage to pack all the books in the foyer bookcases and my office. As well as OH's watering can collection and the majority of the bottom half of the hutch. Need more boxes, paper and bubble wrap to continue. So may get it today after work or maybe tomorrow as today I'm in Sun City. So at least it is a start. The real challenge is going to be my clothes as those require trying on, deciding what is never going to fit again etc etc. So will start on those maybe tonight as believe the majority will have to given away as have gotten so fat and we don't have closet space really to speak of in the new house.

OH called his brother RV who was disappointed I know to learn that we are buying a house here as know he thought we might move to Michigan...and part of me hopes that we do but after I have had a few more years at the law firm and also we can't leave with AV here so maybe 4 more years here but who knows what the future really holds. But I am glad that the two of them have talked as otherwise it would be something to face and this way they are talking and will get passed it and move on. As I admit given our age difference it would be so hlpful to be closer to RV so if things come up I have a support network of sorts and vice versa as well.

Having anxiety dreams which can't quire remember but wake up feeling anxious and depressed so know that my brain is working through this move and the new job....on top of AV and my father etc etc. I just have to take it one day at a time and we will get there. I will feel better once more stuff is packed and of course once our loan has been approved. As that is the biggest hurdle. There is so much to do and really not much time as we have a 40 day escrow so it is short. So we need to arrange for movers, arrange to sell stuff, get this place clean, get the carpets cleaned, find someone to house sit our dog at their place for the movers especially.

The last time we both moved a lot of it ourselves but not sure how much of that we will do this time as not as convenient to do a trip before work or OH to do during the day as he doesn't have a truck. Just hope we can maintain controlled chaos. In reality OH should take my car as better for moving things but also don't want him to overdo it either. I think we are going to try to set the date as Jan 1st as then wont have to pay another month's rent...though that only gives us 2 weeks to get it all done. Would be more relaxing to have Feb 1 as deadline but that would mean paying rent and the mortgage so that isn't realistic.

And so worried about our agent as he had a severe allergic reaction to a med given to him at urgent care so hope he is ok and doesn't have any long term health issues from it. And just takes the time to recover and not worry too much about us as sure there is another agent is his office who can help him out so he can just get better.

I have an ICAP meeting this Wednesday so looking forward to that as will be something outside work and packing so a nice break even though have to drive to Riverside for it after work.

It is hard to believe that we have lived here 5 years..time has flown by in many respects...and this rental has served as a transition of sorts for us. Me with losing my job and starting a new career...OH with getting our finances a bit more on firmer ground. But it is time for a move especially for him...not so much for me really as I will be working but he has the chance to become involved. If he can't seem to do that there then I'm not sure what more he could want. So I am thinking optimistically that he will find more fulfillment for his life,

I see FG on Saturday which isn't the greatest timing given all we need to do but also do need to see him as he is my touchstone of sorts and a break from all the stress of the move and the job. And given that I didn't see RW last time may try to do this weekend...but will have to see how OH deals with this as sure that he wont be happy about it. But I am resolved to do it as need that for myself. So will write it on the calendar and then talk to him about it tonight.

I put in the trash can all the papers that documented the downturn of my job at the museum...brought back so many memories of how awful the last 2 years were there...amazing how that is still such a fresh and raw experience for me despite my starting this new career as a paralegal. Just brought back all the memories of it all...my trying to negotiate my way through that quagmire of a toxic environment. So feeling very vulnerable right now I admit. As worry so the same thing will happen at SCWM...but am determined for it not to happen. It is just a matter of my working as hard as I can, be responsive to the requests from VJH and to follow through on all of them. I just have to compartmentalize my life so am 110% at work doing work things and 110% when at home doing packing etc. for the move. As it is important for me to keep these 2 things separate from one another so neither suffers as it has in the past. So the goal is to be 110% present for each and not allow the other to impact the one.
i actually don’t know much but it seems you have direction and drive so it must be good. so here to cheer you on if that’s ok.hoping.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Oh boy is my face a bit red...as put this in public rather than private...thanks @DOWNUP and @extraterrestrialone for your encouragement and kind words....and for actually reading through my verbosity of journaling (always worry I will crash the server...lol...). To be honest I couldn't think of a better place than SF for me to have bared my soul so to speak as everyone here is so compassionate, caring and simply just good genuine people...so thank you all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00