Money in bringing me down

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jthundedr89, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jthundedr89

jthundedr89 New Member

I work at a day care. I love my job, working with kids is a passion of mine. But i dont make too much money. i make 280 a week... 150 goes to bill payment such as phone, school, car. I find myself with not much money, i put the rest to gas, but my car takes a ton of it. So i end up having to borrow from my grnadp,a which i hate doing. Money is making me depressed, and it keeps me up at night. It upsets me everyday
  2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Now's the time to bitch piss and moan at the need to get two or three jobs.
  3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Have you thought about maybe working nights at a bar for a couple months just so that you can get rid of the car and get a new one that guzzles less gas?

Or depending on how far you have to go each day, ditch it altogether and get a bike?
  4. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Making money doesn't make you happy, doesn't for me or I've noticed others here saying that too. About to quit mine, pays well but leaves me so empty, frustrated and depressed. If you stay at your job jthundedr89 is there any chance for a raise or promotion...if you're young, your time will come, just keep working and things will eventually work out.:cool: I worked so many low paying jobs for so many years, having a good employment history will help and I might add I was so more happy and content making less money.:rolleyes:
  5. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Well, having not quite enough can be a constant stressor. But since you're going to school maybe you could take less classes and work a 2nd job part time. You'd have more money and less class stress.

And stress is a major source of depression. Anyway that's my personal advice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.