Money

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by TheLoneWolf, Jun 23, 2012.

1. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Yep. That's what it comes down to. After all is said and done, after I've dealt with my guilts, insecurities, emotional issues and everything else, I'm still left with one final obstacle in my path to happiness: money.

Money... fucking money of all things! I can't be happy because I can't afford it... are you fucking serious??? "Money can't buy happiness" - no, no it can't, but amazingly, debt can keep you from ever being able to pursue happiness.

FUCKING MONEY

The one issue that can't be solved just by "talking it out". No, apparently if I ever want to be happy, I'm going to have to win the fucking lottery. Gee, that's not a longshot or anything... :rolleyes:

/rant

2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I know how it goes.

Keep chipping at it, find all the loopholes (e.g., payment plans) that you can, and even if you're not making a big dent in the debt, you might feel the *tiniest* bit better by making small dents each month or so. That's about all there is. Exercise too if at all possible. Just exercise.

Don't make real dents, though, like in cars, because those don't make you feel better.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The money issue does suck...sometimes I wish I was a millionaire...I'd do whatever I dreamed of, and help everyone I care about. I know it seems like an impossibility to get out of this now, but I know that you can...I believe in you :hug:

4. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm slowly paying things down, but I'm so miserable in my current life that I don't know if I can hang in there as long as it would take to pay everything off... I'd love to just declare bankruptcy and start over from scratch. Don't get me wrong, I'm not irresponsible, I do feel an obligation to pay what I owe... it just pisses me off that most of what I owe money on are things that I didn't want to pay for in the first place. It wasn't my choice to take on this debt, it was somebody else's choice, and I was just dumb enough to go along with it.

Real dents don't make anything better, in fact real dents cost real money to fix... lol. Don't worry, I won't be denting my car... unless I'm in a really bad mood and some asshole pisses me off, then I might just snap and ram my car into the back of his. I've had to resist the urge before... I like my car, but I'd also really like to give some people a piece of my mind... or a piece of my bumper, whatever.

Yeah, I know I could probably accomplish great things if I just put 110% effort into doing it... it's just so easy to get discouraged and sidetracked with negative thinking. When I think of the effort required to pay off tens of thousands of dollars in debt, versus the effort it takes to commit suicide or just get drunk enough to forget about it, I tend to favor the easy route. The easy route doesn't lead to happiness, though. The easy route is a dead end road. I wish I was more ambitious and less of a procrastinator. Maybe I'll start working on trying to change that... sometime next week, lol.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though :hug:

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hey, I'm trying to stay on the straight and narrow and change my life...it will be a challenge, but it will be well worth it. Nothing is worth killing yourself over...especially money issues...those can be sorted out. Hell, I'm about to be homeless and I'm still trying to smile, lol. I'm a procrastinator too, but for a while I was making daily goals---just something small each day--a little at a time will help. It's easier to do that than setting large goals to achieve right away. Once you start doing the small goals, you will feel more confident in yourself and your abilities, and it will be easier to get to your large goals. :)