Monopoly

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Shadowlands, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

I think life is like the game of Monopoly. Each player begins with a small amount of chips. Not much. That will not buy hotels, but it can make a start. For some life goes well. They gain a little. The little gives them possibilities to get more property. Little gains and little losses, but they make progress and eventually they can buy hotels. Some never gain that little to begin with. They linger with a small pocket full knowing what they could do if they had more. Once they run out of chips they check out.

It could be money or it could be simply respect and love of others that are the chips in real life. You gain a little and the little you had can prove to you you can get more. Some gain a little but never enough to make a life worth living. There is never enough chips to really buy anything but only knowning what there could be.

I think I am running out of chips right now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2007
  2. kirstyclive

kirstyclive Guest

that is an interesting way of looking at life, but you never know what is around the corner, i believe there is a time for everyone and then thats when you go, naturally.... thats when your chips run out... not before. before that you end your own life with a pocket full of chips that you never had the chance to know were there, so please dont give up just keep on trying, those chips may seem impossible to find now but what about in the months and years to come.

3. Shadowlands

You can always argue that I cannot tell what happens tomorrow, but I can tell what has happen before. If you watch a bell to ring and it does not ring today you can wait till tomorrow, but what if you have waited for ten years for the bell? Would it not be reasonable to assume it is not going to ring? A definition of insanity is repeating an action over and over and waiting for a different outcome. I look forward to finally putting these chips down and having some rest.

4. kirstyclive

kirstyclive Guest

But if you think that, then do something different... there's no need to do the same thing over and over, if you dont like your life then change it... change your job, your home, whatever you have a problem with atm whatever you dont like about your life, change it and you'll either enjoy life more or really appreciate what you have now......

Life isnt all bad its just hidden from us... when at the bottom of a steep hill we dont know whats on the other side, we have to get there first to find out so keep trying to get there... you deserve to give yourself that chance.....

5. Shadowlands

How about replacing "bell" with "changing something"? If after hundred times of changing something nothing helps, what reason is there to assume that the next change would? It is not even just about changes. It is what should I change into that would still make sense. I am tired. I honestly think it is time for me to move on.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.