Monster

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by NaotoXMio, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaotoXMio

NaotoXMio Member

How should I try to keep this monster at bay? This monster deep within us that we all have. Its been a really really long journey fighting and struggling with this monster. I'm finally feeling so exhausted. I can't keep this mask up infront of everyone any longer. Friends and colleagues kept asking me nowadays, "Whats wrong with you? Why have you changed?" Truth is I didn't, I'm just tired of wearing this mask. This act of normality infront of everyone. I'm burnt out...

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am sorry you're feeling this way. I honestly have no advice but just wanted you to know I care, it's hard pretending all the time, the constant covering of scars or whatever it is, pretending you're fine when inside you are screaming for someone to notice and be understanding. Hugs to you x

3. NaotoXMio

NaotoXMio Member

Thanks. It is hard, to be pretending to be normal. I'm finally feeling exhausted after all this while.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

There are little asnwers to most things in life and when it comes to feelings of depression, anxiety, stress disorders and everything else which exists within us just to push the envelope on just how far we can cope with and survive, there are even less answers. Those battles are all within us and we each have to battle them in our own way. Outside help, such as going to doctors and psychologics and the like can only go so far, because as I look at it, trying to get your problems across to people who have never gone through them does not do anything but serve as a temporary fix - a band-aid, if you like to think of it.

I have no advice honestly that I can give you either,I truly apologise for, but you are not the only one who wears a mask you hate. I believe everyone in the World wears a mask that they dislike, but use because it helps them feel secure at hiding their vulnerabilities from those around us and stop others from getting the true measure of us.

5. NaotoXMio

NaotoXMio Member

Thanks Moat, I understand where you are coming from. It's just that sometimes it is just so tiring to not be yourself. Been wear a mask for too long. I'm just exhausted and ranting it out here..

6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Yeah, I can understand that completwly; I feel the way way, since having been wearing a mask like you for as long as I can remember. It does not seem to matter as much when out in public, but in private, it seems that the masks turns on you and wears you out, like you said.
    Rants are nothing bad, they are a healthy way to vent frustration over what you cannot control in the present moment of your life, so rant all you want; each and everyone here is always willing to listen and talk you to whenever you feel the pressure gets too much. Just hang in there; sometimes you might feel alone, but we are all family on SF and are with you always.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.