Mood Shifts Again

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Butterfly, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Okay, so if you don't know me or my history, I have struggled with drastic shifts in mood for a while now. I cycle between suicidally depressed, impulsive and self destructive to hyperactive, increased confidence, agitation, irritation and lack of sleep.

Last week I was very self destructive and impulsive, and I almost attempted. I wanted to die. I seem to have gone past that now, but tonight I have so much energy it is actually unbearable, not sleepy even with quetiapine, I'm hyper, feeling happy and excitable, fidgety and restless. Distractions only do so much, what are good techniques to stop these shifts from being so drastic?

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Well, I would guess that recognition is a key first step, for how can you prevent them from occurring if you don't see them coming? I wish I knew! It always seems too late for me when it happens as well.... It's as though I am powerless to stop it.. I don't know if you've tried medications for this sort of thing--I have not (because they evidentially don't fit into my diagnosis?)--but the theory is that they are supposed to help a great deal with maintaining a healthier balance mentally, and stabilize yourself, behaviorally... I guess if it were that easy a solution, no one would ever encounter these types of struggles, huh? Good Luck! And let me know if you figure it out..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.