1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mood stabilizers.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by stinkymouse, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

Is there anyboby on these things,i have to go for a blood test tomorrow before i can start taking them for my Manic depression after my susicide attempt that kept me in hospital for 8 days...do they work,are they dangerious and are they better than SSRI anti-depressants..any info who be helpfull

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am on lithium and risperadone, which I think are "mood stabilizers" but I have no info to give you. I haven't had any problems with taking them but can't tell if they're helping much or not as I haven't gone off them since I started taking them. So have nothing to compare to. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

as far as comparisons with ssri antidepressants, they are a whole different type of drug, I think, and act differently. Not an expert, just my opinion. I could be wrong. Best to ask your doctor.

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I dont have Manic depression and I dont know much about it.
    But i read somewhere that Pills for manic depression are much much more effective than anti depressants, i even read that anti depressants can make you more depressed (if you're bipolar), but im not shure.

Wish you luck:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.