mood stabilizers.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by stinkymouse, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

Is there anyboby on these things,i have to go for a blood test tomorrow before i can start taking them for my Manic depression after my susicide attempt that kept me in hospital for 8 they work,are they dangerious and are they better than SSRI anti-depressants..any info who be helpfull
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am on lithium and risperadone, which I think are "mood stabilizers" but I have no info to give you. I haven't had any problems with taking them but can't tell if they're helping much or not as I haven't gone off them since I started taking them. So have nothing to compare to. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

as far as comparisons with ssri antidepressants, they are a whole different type of drug, I think, and act differently. Not an expert, just my opinion. I could be wrong. Best to ask your doctor.
  3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I dont have Manic depression and I dont know much about it.
    But i read somewhere that Pills for manic depression are much much more effective than anti depressants, i even read that anti depressants can make you more depressed (if you're bipolar), but im not shure.

Wish you luck:hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.