Mood stablizer Latuda

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by BipolarGirl (Deathplease), Sep 3, 2015.

1. I am taking this new med called Latuda which started helping within two days of me taking it. I am really impressed with it. My moods are not swinging wildly and the steady mood is good not just okay or surviving but actually good which I haven't been for a long time without being manic (the saying "too much of a good thing is bad" comes to mind). I haven't been suicidal for the last week (I started taking it last week).

I am only having trouble with what time I take it because my Doc said that it would make me drowsy which it does for only 2 hours once it hits my system then I am wide awake. I figured out that if I wake up at 4am and take the med then go back to sleep the drowsiness has worn off by the time I need to get up. I have only done that for one day so far so we'll see how a couple of days goes on that schedule.

2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I am so pleased that you have found something that helps. Something that makes a difference so fast. It sounds like you are bi-polar. I hope this med provides the relief you need for many, many years.