1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mood stablizer Latuda

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by BipolarGirl (Deathplease), Sep 3, 2015.

1. BipolarGirl (Deathplease)

BipolarGirl (Deathplease) Well-Known Member

I am taking this new med called Latuda which started helping within two days of me taking it. I am really impressed with it. My moods are not swinging wildly and the steady mood is good not just okay or surviving but actually good which I haven't been for a long time without being manic (the saying "too much of a good thing is bad" comes to mind). I haven't been suicidal for the last week (I started taking it last week).

I am only having trouble with what time I take it because my Doc said that it would make me drowsy which it does for only 2 hours once it hits my system then I am wide awake. I figured out that if I wake up at 4am and take the med then go back to sleep the drowsiness has worn off by the time I need to get up. I have only done that for one day so far so we'll see how a couple of days goes on that schedule.

2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Alumni

I am so pleased that you have found something that helps. Something that makes a difference so fast. It sounds like you are bi-polar. I hope this med provides the relief you need for many, many years.