Mood Swings

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by *dilligaf*, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Okay, does anyone else suffer from mood swings? I'm driving myself (and possibly other people) mad at the moment with them and I dont know what to do about it.

Seriously I was feeling so shit about 2 hours ago that I literally could have bitten someone's head off...chewed it up....and spat it out at thier feet. So I went to sleep for half an hour. I woke up feeling just as snappy and shit. Now, what...25minutes later...I'm bouncing. I've made a coffee, but it's not because of that because I havent had any of it yet. Nor have I started any new meds.

Any ideas anyone cos this is getting right on my nerves......
  2. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

I don't have any ideas about what's happening to you,
    however I do feel the same way quite frequently.

Maybe you could talk to your therapist or consuler if you have one?

:hug: I hope you get this resolved
  3. Sam2009

Sam2009 Member

have you spoken to the docs about the possibility of bi-polar? sounds like you suffer the extreme swings sufferers have, where they are so down and depressed one minute and jumping up and down the next. if they are really extreme and there doesn't seem to be any particular reason, i would def consider it as a possibility
  4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hiya Hun,

I've been a bit like that with the latest meds I'm on. I'd been on them for a few months & then all of a sudden I turned into some sort of mad woman, one minute I would be fine & the next I am jumping down peoples throats for no apparent reason. It's actually quite scary cause that's not me at all.

Sorry I don't have any ideas to help but if you find anything let me know or my bf will end up killing me.

Claire xx
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Sam,
    I suffer from mood swings amongst other problems. I am on a med called Lamitcal for the moods. It seems to work for me pretty good. I found out the hard way just how much difference it made. I came up short a couple months ago and once I was off it I turned into instant asshole. Three days later when I got my refill and got it back in my system I mellowed right out.
    I also suffer from irrational thoughts and they have me on Geodon and it helps to an extent. I'm not sure if it's the combo that keeps me in line or not. Just thought I would add that in incase it matters. Talk to your shrink about them and see what he/she says. Good Luck!!~Joseph~
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Sam :hug:

Have you spoken to your doctor about this?

How is the prozac working for you? :hug:

I used to have severe mood swings, one minute I'd be laughing hysterically the next I was suicidal. You really need to talk to your doctor about this.

I'm here if you need me hun xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.