Mood swings

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cult logic, Feb 23, 2009.

1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'm so sick of these mood swings.

The past couple of days I feel great and now suddenly it's back to wanting to swallow all my meds at once.

I can't stand this.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey BCS,
    Mood swings can be controlled. Talk to you doctor about meds for them.. I suffer from them and the med I take for them works for me. I found out just how much two months ago when I came up short the end of the month. When I came off them I turned into instant asshole and once I was back on them I was fine..

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

That's one of my problems. My doctor's solution to everything seems to be drink less caffeine.

4. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Have you tried drinking less caffeine?

Maybe a new doctor?

Are you diagnosed bipolar? If not look into it.

5. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Yep, stuck on poland springs now. Yuck.

I've got an appointment with someone different next week, hopefully they won't just say the same thing.

I have experience with those people, my dad's family is almost all bipolar, and I'm pretty sure I don't have that.

Though I guess that's for the therapist to decide.

6. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Then there's a good chance you ARE bipolar. It runs in families. And you already described the mood swings. A major symptom.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good luck with your new appointment, let us know how it goes :hug:

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yep good luck with the new doc. Now is your chance to make a stand hun. There are meds out there that can really make a difference. Dont let them tell you there isnt. But there may be something to the caffiene thing. I'm bipolar and still drink enough Coke in a day to drop a bull moose :)!!!! No more like :( No maybe :) Oh bother!!! (lmao).

9. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Well, I of course got screwed over by my family again.

Made me miss my appointment.

God dammit.

10. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey...sorry that this is going on with you.... were you able to re-schedule your appointment? let us know...these mood swings can probably be controlled hun, but you'll need to be very firm w/the doctor...

xxx

11. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Wonderful.

Sudden drop in mood after feeling great most of today.

Anxious as hell about school tomorrow, especially since we've been off for a week, and it feels like I'll be yelled at if I forgot to do something.

Tonight's a night suicide will feel particularily attractive. :sad: