Moral dilemma- hack ex girlfriends msn or not?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Thinice, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

I've managed to guess the answer to her secret question, somehow. Now that I have the ability, should I hack the account and see whats going on, or not? I'll only read her e-mails, I'm not that mean.

2. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

No, leave her alone! Its a no brainer, you dont want to be that guy!

3. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

The problem is that to gain access to the account, I have to change the password. I don't to do that, I just want to get in, read the e-mails to see if she was telling the truth about not cheating on me, and get out again. If I change the password, I've screwed up that account for her- I can hardly tell her 'Oh, I changed your password, here's your new one'.

I'll leave it for now. In case I ever change my mind, at least I know the answer to her secret question now.

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

No. That's disgusting and wrong. It's best to just let it go, rather than degrading yourself by snooping through her private documents.

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

...just my 2 cents, since you asked.......
    if she IS cheating on you, it will eventually come to light.

if you 'hack' into her private account, it is a secret (because you would not announce it. . ) and secrets build walls between people. it will begin to break down intimacy and start the end of the relationship. . . . ]

6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

If you've broke up then what have you to gain by checking her e-mails. Sure, you'll find out if she's been cheating or not (perhaps) but it's not going to make you feel much better to find out the answer. Sometimes it's best to leave things be.

7. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with everyone else here, hacking into ex gf's email is a very bad idea. I'll leave moral issues aside though and put it to you a different way.

What have you got to gain from it? Anyway you look at it, you're gonna feel worse than you do now. If you find nothing, you're gonna feel like a jerk for spying on her. If you find something "suspicious" then what? Its not like you can question her about it since you werent supposed to be reading it in the first place. You'll just have even more unanswered questions. And if you find solid proof that she was cheating.......is that gonna make you feel better? What you don't know, wont hurt you. She's your ex anyways, she's obviously moved on, you should too. Just let it go.

8. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

I would if i could of, if not to read her emails, then to at least mess things up for her....

9. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Dude, dont do it.

Seriously, if she was cheating on you, how much fucking worse are you going to end up feeling?

Forget her and move on.

10. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

I have not read through your post or this thread, your reasons if they exist (they do I'm sure) or any other members advice.

I am just going to address your question in my own way.

To invade somebody elses privacy is not a moral dilemma.

It is an invasion of privacy (trangressing accepted moral rules; corrupt.)

If you feel you have been pushed far enough to commit the immoral act (immorality- the quality or state of being immoral) of invading another persons (the transgressor's) private space, records, diary, notes or otherwise then I think you should ask yourself why this person is in your life, and if they aren't why by your own actions you let them continue to be.

End any contact with them if you have been justifiably wronged by them, and I'm sure you have and I know it's hard.

Blunt perhaps but I'm trying to be constructive, should a depraved and corrupt soul drag you down to their level it's going to be your problem ultimately. Nobody is going to care why you did 'it' just that you did.

Stop thinking of them and think of yourself!!

I am still trying to learn this lesson myself!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.