morality: what does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darken

Morality is a human creation. We all have our own personal morals. I doubt there is such a thing a perfect morality.

One of the things that is important to me is that I am a moral person and I try to be some one that can feel like I make the world a better place for other humans and animals also.

In all honesty though, how do I even know if I am a good ethical person?

Does it even matter, wether you are or not? I mean we all just rot in the ground after we die, if your a immoral person will it not even matter?

Im so confused right now, im going crazy, and ill probably never get the answers. Not even a definite yes or no.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I believe that when I die, my soul lives on - don't ask me how or why or as what - and that what I've done or not done in this life will have to be answered for. If I don't "get it right" in this life I'll have to come back and do it again til I get it right. I can't give you anything definate as to why I believe this way, I just do.

As to morals, I think just doing what you consider to be good in the world, or, at least, just NOT doing bad. So if you can't or won't go around doing good deeds at least don't go around doing bad deeds.

Just my thoughts, whatever they're worth...:blink:

R

Robin

The fact that you show an interest in the well being of others shows that you have your heart in the right place. As it stands now, it's pretty hard to go through life without hurting someone, we are limited beings with limited scope but we can aspire to great things given enough time. We will be long gone by the time anyone comes close to answering questions like these but the fact that we want to do good in the world is a good start on a big problem.

Most people have notions on what is wrong or right, not all of them well informed or maybe at times just plain misguided however most people will agree to some extent or another that to hurt another being intentionally is bad, be it physically, mentally or emotionally. We all need a safe enviroment to grow up and thrive in and as a rule none of us like to suffer.

There's probably more you could come up with, , food, water, shelter, the right to free speech and to have a say in how your country is run, we may be small individually but collectively we can make a difference, sometimes it's just a matter of finding the best spot for your voice to be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00