More Dreams I Need Help With..

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by ThoseEmptyWalls, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I have been having disturbing dreams of a reaccurent theme lately..Basically someone either looses my son or kidnaps him. In the dreams where someone has lost him I go after them with determination to shoot them. I end up in a lot of fights along the way. In the kidnap dreams I do the same - go after him and brutally take down the people who took him from me. I have super human strenght in the dreams. I pick people up and throw them around like they are rag dolls. In the latest dream I called myself 'The Woman Warrior'..
    I thought maybe I was having these dreams because I was worried someone would take him from me or because of anxiety over him needing to start school next year but Im not so sure. Why all the blood, death, and weirdness?
    --
    Also I have been dreaming of animals in a shelter. A very dirty shelter where they are all kept in tiny cages. No this isnt a real place I have seen either. And I keep having dreams of falling off cliffs, ghosts, and old houses. I keep dreaming I have either been given or just bought a old house. A different house everytime. One house I dreampt of had lots of doors and was a very small house when seen from the outside. Oh and babies, I keep dreaming of babies. Babies that are ill or hurt and I save them..

-
    Okay. Im editing this because I left something out. Im very embarrassed to talk about it but here goes...I keep having sex dreams (yes I have those a lot but this time its different). Im dreaming of sex with family members (uncles and my stepdad). I realize that maybe my minds picking these people out because they are easy targets but Im distrubed a bit. The sexual dreams about my stepdad are getting more frequent. It freaks me out because I dont think of him in that way and I get embarassed when Im around him now because of the dreams. Is my mind simply putting these familiar faces into the dreams because they are just that, familiar and easy targets? Or what?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I know a little about dreams, but not an expert or anything. I think your natural mothering instincts are responsible for the dreams of your son, especially since he's going to school soon and it is probably also responsible for the shelter dreams, wanting to care for, and make sure that no harm comes to any living creature. As far as the sexual dreams, sometimes the brain just picks out faces that are familiar to us, like you said. The most important aspect of dreams from what I've read and have been told by my analyst is to try and think of how you felt in the dream; for instance :anxious, frightened, happy, sad, frustrated, etc...The mind usually takes what you are feeling and delvelops a "story", if you will, to fit the emotion.

3. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I dont have much of a sex life..When my son was born I was badly injured so sex is pretty much of thing of the past for me..And I miss it.. I assume my having sexual dreams are just my longing for the activity..I understand the familiar face concept but what embarasses and confuses me is I dont seem to mind being with whoever Im with in my dreams..Be it a family member, a stranger, or someone from my past..I always seem happy and eager when Im dreaming it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.