More Friends?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Nosmanic, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Nosmanic

Nosmanic Active Member

I don't know how to build relationships with people. I have social anxiety, poor self-esteem and have built on social skills, so people don't like me I think they think my a psycho. I want to be liked. I don't get it I really like people. I'm making no sence.:sad:
  2. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

Making friends is no easy task for some people, and can feel like a horrible experience if it doesn't go to plan. I can vouch for that, personally, and I hate making new friends. It's not that I don't like the people, it's going about making them like you that makes me paranoid and puts me on the edge of a breakdown. I try to be myself, but thats where the problem lies - if I were to be myself, I'd end up looking like a complete idiot so I lie to them about my personality and I end up looking even more like an idiot.

Going by that, it's pretty easy to see why I don't have many friends.

3. I agree pretty much with both of you... I have same problem but the easiest way for me to meet new people and such is when im with some of my closest friends and some of them have really easy with people...
    Maybe you should try it ?
  4. Harrowdown

Harrowdown Well-Known Member

god i hear you

the worst is thinking you've just done good but the person is actually freaked out

i dont even want to try anymore
    i feel like too much of a freak
  5. Nosmanic

Nosmanic Active Member

The friends I have are long-time (since elementry school) and they don't get it there both very social people. There idea is to have a big party. Which would just trigger my social anxiety.