More Love vs Hate.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Ziggy, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Well I think this is an important topic worth continuing, so I shall... hope it doesn't sound too much like a lecture...

It was Freud who said that although love and hate are polar opposites they are bound up in a complementary, classic love/hate relationship, and the opposite of love/hate is indifference. I think indifference is a relatively easy option to take, on a personal level most of the time I am indifferent about my relationships with my family and other people, but when I'm forced into certain social events then the feelings of love/hate arise causing much inner conflict because I'm not really used to them.

The problem with indifference though, is although it may seem like a safe option you aren't really experiencing life, it's almost like spiritual suicide, therefore to combat it you need to care about things, anything, and the best way to care about things is to learn about them and appreciate them.

Looking at the bigger picture, I think many problems caused in our society are due to indifference rather than hatred, and when you look at the real major problems in the world such as poverty, the environment etc, they're not so much caused by hate but more by greed.

And yes I think people are indifferent to it, until it smacks us in the face. I'm not saying that we should all go out and change the world but I think it's important to learn about these things and at least think about them a bit. People may say it's depressing but I think it does have many positive points. Personally it's helped me a lot to consider myself as part of something larger than myself, to feel a little bit more connected to other people and the world around me. So yeah combat indifference then.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2007
  2. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

good try, although i believe your still in the dog house on that one Z

3. Ziggy

Oh I deleted this message on account of it being a bit pointless. Everyone exists in their own reality, and mine's the same as no-one elses.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2007
  4. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

are you ok? im starting to get concerned about you Ziggy

5. Ziggy

Oh I'm fine, thanks for asking.

6. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

are you sure?

7. Ziggy

Carry on like this and I'll have to get the thread locked. :biggrin:

Having a "More, more Love vs Hate" thread would be silly, but I think this one's sort of come to an end anyway. Catch you on another thread then.

8. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

aww, zig, your such a spoil sport:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.