More meds

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Ljt, May 15, 2015.

1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Got my medication put up to 150 mg setrialine. Been getting very agitated and depressed these days. Hopefully it works. Also waiting on going on a anxiety course so hope that makes me better. I need to change in order to change how I feel I think.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I'm on 200mg of sertraline and I can say it does help a lot but it took me about 5 weeks on it to feel better. I hope it helps you as much as it helps me, best of luck to you and let us know how it goes :)

May I ask, what does the anxiety course consist of?

3. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi petal. I am not to sure. It's a 6 week course of 1 day a week. It starts off with explaining what anxiety is and then goes on explaining how to deal with it, how to avoid it etc, the success rate is supposed to be very high. So I am looking forward to it. It's free through the NHS and there is different courses for like anger, depression, stress etc..

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That sounds cool! I'd love to do something like that, I've never been offered anything further than meditation and breathing classes. I hope it goes well for you and good to hear it has a high success rate.