More Proof That We're Getting Ripped Off By the Oil Companies

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Righteous, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Righteous

Righteous Well-Known Member

"Suicidal Government Actions"

Anyone with common sense knows that we getting fucked hard at the pump. And yea even though $2.60 a gallon is better than $4 a gallon, gas is still too fuckin high. Here's some new information about the vast amount of oil here in America

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

All that fucking oil in North Dakota and Montana but they still taxing our ass at the pump. They got so much oil that the amount they got now is 25 times greater than what they though it was back in '95. This ain't too surprising 2 me though because I been knowing that the gas companies are trying 2 deceive people into thinking that the world has a shortage of oil. People, if that shit was true the world would of been run out of gas. Think about all the cars, diesel trucks, airplanes, boats and trains that are used and burning gas everyday. If oil was limited, the world would of ran out a long time ago.

I highly doubt that the exposure of this information is going 2 lower the gas prices. Just because we know we getting fucked doesn't mean that things are gonna change 4 the better. After all, the news have been reporting that the businesses that got the billion dollar bailouts were fucking off a lot of the money but didn't nothing change about that

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

In general I trust the USGS and have no reason to doubt this is true. But the fact is that the oil companies will always ream us out no matter how much oil we have and we will eventually run out.

I think we best proceed on getting off the s**t so we can at least keep some emissions under control. THey could find the largest oil reserve in the history of the planet and still ream us out. It doesn't matter how much we have. Just look at how they're jacking the prices around now for no reason whatsoever. Cow-Chips! It's just because summer's coming and people will be driving a bit more. So what...they raise the prices like another $1.00. They should all be burned in oil. (pun intended)

3. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Well it could be that the oil in question (which I've read is more than enough to meet domestic needs) is too prohibitively expensive to extract. Many countries, such as Brazil recently, strike large amounts of oil that they ultimate leave alone because the costs of both extracting and refining it come out to more than it would provide. That, and our high standards of wages and the like as opposed to many oil countries would further complicate matters. There is also the environmental aspect.

Much of the cost is also part of the 'petrol tax' as just another way for the government to collect money. In many countries, in fact most rich ones for that matter, gas is 4 times as high! It's generally done on purpose to pressure car manufacturers to produce more fuel efficient cars and to discourage purchasing of gas guzzlers. In a way, I think paying higher for gas makes for a good incentive to these domestic car companies. Part of the reason many of them failed or continue to lose money is because they neglected to meet the fuel efficiency standards of Japanese and European companies that had long been pushed to make more efficient cars by their governments following the 1970s oil crisis.

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

OMG capitalism!

Suck it up or elect Stalin.

5. Zurkhardo

Funny enough, a lot of the cheapest prices for gas are among authoritarian regimes - part of the price paid for diminished freedoms.

Vote Stalin.

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

That's my point. Capitalism involves trying to buy low and sell high. Oil companies can sell high without monopolistic behaviour, so, in a capitalist society they'll sell it high. Any other situation is just communism.

7. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

the Bush administration was put here for a reason and it has been a success

back in 2000 before the criminals entered the white house we were paying about $1.20 a gallon, now the criminals have conditioned us to think $2.60 a gallon is cheap

8. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

When Obama took over gas was just over $1.80 per gallon.

9. Zurkhardo

We're far from paying the highest gas prices in the world. And it certainly doesn't help that most of the cars produced domestically are far less fuel efficient than they should or could be.

10. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Oil hasn't run out yet therefore it never will...
    Brilliant, your logic is simply fucking astounding /sarcasm.

11. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

thats cuz the oil companies jacked the prices down in the hope Mccain was going to get elected, they did the same thing in 2006 before the congress elections, then literaly the day after the Republicans lost they jacked the price up again and didnt lower it until before the 2008 Presidential elections

They gave us a few months of "relief"

But now that they have conditioned us with $4 a gallon and to think $2.60 a gallon is cheap, I doubt we will be seeing it go under $2.00 a gallon or even $2.50 a gallon ever again, or it will be very rare if it does happen

12. Zurkhardo

Oil companies account for only 10% of all oil production. The rest comes from state-owned enterprises of various oil producing nations, such as Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, UAE, etc. Often times they - through institutions like OPEC - are the ones as responsible for oil price flucuations as the corporations.

13. Righteous

Righteous Well-Known Member

Exactly, this gas pricing crap is just deception and brain-washing. I'm never going 2 be a sucker and think that $2.60 a gallon is a good deal. I believe that the oil companies are eventually going 2 try 2 manipulate us into paying $5 a gallon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.