More Suicidal thoughts

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by carter001, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carter001

carter001 Active Member

So I've being thinking about harming myself all evening.It comes and goes(the thought I mean)My family don't understand what it's like to feel this way.They tell me they love me and how much effect my suicide would have on them.

I feel trapped,like I'm in a very lonely place.I moved out of the family home into my own place,maybe that's why I feel so bad and lonely.

Whats the point in going on,no job,no girlfrend,no friends in general.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi sorry you are feeling so lonely but you can talk here right go to chat make some friends. Are you able to perhap take a course of interest to get you amongst people with the same interest as you. Isolating yourself will only cause more sadness. Join an art class sports anything that will get you out of isolating and out amongst others hugs to you Please call for help okay if you are too low crisis line and just talk to someone a real voice does help some
  3. carter001

carter001 Active Member

Thanks total eclipse.I joined the gym this year but I haven't gone to it because of my social anxiety.Maybe a few weeks or months down the line I'll feel more up to going.I enjoy music,listening to my MP3 player(classical music)and it relaxes me.I don't know why I feel suicidal,it just comes and goes,but it's a horrible feeling.A feeling of despair.I don't have any friends because of my social anxiety so I'll alone all of the time with no one to talk too(except for my mom).

I'm happy there's a place like this where I can read about other peoples feelings and how their lives are effected by suicidal thoughts and what steps they've taken to try combat those thoughts.

Thanks again
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I do hope you get out and try the gym even if it is in the early mornings or late evenings when less people are there They say exercise does help. I get these waves as you call them of suicidal thoughts as well i think part of it is chemical imbalance as i tend to forget my meds sometimes for my depression
    I also understand how isolation can bring on these thoughts as well. Meds for anxiety does work it helps you get out a bit more I found what help best was therapy from my psychologist just being able to talk abt things with him getting the thoughts out and having them heard helped. I do hope you continue to post okay in all the forums here so people can get to know you better The more you most the better you feel. YOu are NOT alone now okay you are here where people care, you can pm us you can chat chat room make new friends here hugs
  5. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

<Mod edit - Acy - inappropriate>
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
  6. carter001

carter001 Active Member

Thanks total eclipse.It's nice to have somewhere to share my feelings
  7. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

This site is great for sharing feelings and getting support but please make sure you see the real world also. Put an ad online looking for someone to do an activity with, it could be hiking in the country or whatever. Just make sure you get out. Being alone with your feelings will make it worse. You need to ensure that you get out.

Have you spoke to any professionals about how you feel etc?

8. carter001

carter001 Active Member

Hi GoldenPsych

Yea I'm seeing a psychotherapist for my BDD(body dysmorphic disorder)and social anxiety.I'm taking medication also which is helping me get out more but I just have random bouts of suicidal thoughts,for no reason,but no plan.You are right though I do need friends cause I'm on my own too much and thinking too much which isn't helping my situation.

Thanks again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.