More Thinly Veiled Filthy Conservative Racism?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Bob26003, Sep 24, 2009.

?

Is roy blunt being racist?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
  2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

So THATS what William Shatners doing these days.

Also, I think he's telling quite an amusing Story that doesn't answer anything at all in the manner all politicians do, and your paranoid.

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm very liberal and it doesn't take much to convince me that these "American Values" participants are self-rightgeous, ignorant racists.

However, in this instance I do not think it is a case of racism. He is merely and idiot and a moron and I can't wait for the news to come out within a short time that he is either a pedophile or an adulterer as many of these self proclaimed "moral MINORITY" maniacs are proven to be.

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Politics is just plain old dirty. When these things are said, the speaker is preying on the fears and prejudices of the public. They do this because it works. What ever happened to honesty in dealing with the country's problems?

5. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

...I didn't really see any trace of racism there. Maybe it was so cleverly put it went over my head? :unsure:

At most, I'd say it was just a conservative bashing the liberals. Big deal, there's no rule against bashing in politics. If the positions were switched and if it was a liberal bashing the conservatives, everyone who's complaining would probably chuckle along.

6. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

So people aren't allowed to use analogies involving monkeys? Being a little oversensitive much?

7. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Well, let me ask those of you who do not see it this: Did you think this cartoon in the NY post of monkey being shot by police with the caption "I guess will have to find someone else to write the stimulus bill" was racist?

Here is the cartoon http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-02-18-cartoon.jpg

Now if you dont see thae racism in that then I have to believe your head is in the sand

Oh, and lets have a little look at the sickening Tony Perkins. Head of the Family Research Council and the guy who introduced Blunt.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Anthony Richard "Tony" Perkins (born March 20, 1963) is an American political activist. Perkins is president of the Family Research Council, a conservative Christian think-tank and public policy foundation

Controversy

In 2001, Perkins addressed the Council of Conservative Citizens (successor organization to the anti-integration White Citizens Council), a known white nationalist organization.[3]

The Nation claims that in 1996, Perkins paid former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke $82,000 for use of his mailing list. At the time, Perkins was campaign manager for Louis E. "Woody" Jenkins, a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in Louisiana. The Federal Election Commission fined the Jenkins campaign $3,000 for attempting to hide the money paid to Duke.[3] The Family Research Council says Blumenthal's claims about Perkins' connection to David Duke are false; FRC adds that Duke's "connection was not known to Mr. Perkins until 1999. Mr. Perkins claims to oppose the racial views of Mr. Duke and expresses grief to learn that Duke was a party to the company that had done work for the 1996 campaign."[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Perkins_(politician)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
  8. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Okay so there are racists out there... it obviously discredits everyone else in the world that has a similar political opinion without the racist intentions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.