More to LIfe

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SomeoneRandomn, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There has to be more to life than this, everybody. More to life than this endless repeated cycle of questions and answers and rants and seeking short-lived solace. More to life than this. There has to be some sort of purpose for every single person in here. A reason why we are the way we are, a reason why we went through what we went through. Maybe the reason is to be able to help others in the future, or maybe it's to toughen you up so that you become stronger and more mature, able to face life's difficulties with patience and endurance. Maybe it's so that you learn how to have empathy- a spirit of compassion, understanding, peace, and love.

There are all sorts of reasons, but they only apply to you if you want them to. If you allow yourself to believe- truly believe- that there is more to human life than this.

More to life than materialism, greed, envy, lust, hate- all these things. We each all want what we cannot have, but instead of focusing on what we don't have, we should focus on what we do have. Not the negatives, but the positives.

Joie de vivre. We all need some joie de vivre, to learn to live by saying Carpe Diem. It's not within our nature to hate. It's in our nature to forgive and to love. And that's the hardest thing for me to do, but I am trying. I'm trying. We should all be trying.

2. crzykidshanana

crzykidshanana Well-Known Member

Is it hard to believe that our reasons...answers...and purpose all lie within God's hands?

3. Honestly, right now I'm not certain about anything. About God, christianity, religion, myself, others, and just life in general. Is faith something so easily attainted? How can one be certain for sure? Sometimes I just have this urge to die so that I can finally know for sure that there is a God, I have this desperate urge to see Him and know that He is there. That He cares. But I guess that since that's not possible, christians have to live by faith. And I guess if there really is a God, those who walked by faith will be rewarded at the renewal of all things. How is a believer supposed to get others to believe if he himself/she herself has doubts and difficulties? Lacks compassion? Sometimes I think that life is a cruel game in which we are the inevitable pawns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.