morning after

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by wheresmysheep, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I dont want to go into it, and no song and dance please. but long and short of it is i need to go to a doc tomorrow cause of an od. and i'm just wondering who's done that before what do they ask and what happens?
    thank you

2. Rockster

Rockster Guest

I've done it but i never went to a doc i had to do it myself i wasnt allowed to see a doc... But i'm guessing you will be asked why, what you took and how much :hug:

3. wheresmysheep

anyone?? no one got any experiences of this? :sad:

4. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

im sorry i cant help you huni.. hope you'll be ok... :hug: Wuv U xxx

5. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

I went to the hospital a few hours after i oded, they took some blood, gave me NaCl and carbon something-dunno-what, dont think you will get that tho. They asked me what i took, how much, when, why. I guess he will ask you that stuff, probly recommend you to get help. If he does, ask him to call them, because you will get help faster, its so fucked up you have to try to commit suicide to get help right away. I know you've been looking for help, so try to let the doc take care of it. Dunno if all of this made sence >.< and dunno if it works the same over there. Anyway big hug :hug:

6. tibcat

tibcat New Member

I've od'd about a zillion times and each one is different. If you woke up and have to see the dr tomorrow, then you *probably* haven't done too much damage. But then if I recall you were taking a drug with very nasty side effects, so you may be living with the result for a while. Good luck at the dr tomorrow.

7. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Please go to see a doc NOW.
    It depends what you have taken, but the sooner you see a doc he will be able to pump your stomach if needed. The longer you wait damage to your liver or other organs might be done, damage that is in many cases irreversible.
    Please go to the ER now.

8. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I rang a poisons and information hotline anonymously and asked about the side effects of what I had taken.

9. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

depends on where you choose to go to be checked. if you go to your regular doctor, he will see if there is a need of a shot to stop the effect of the medication you have taken and may refer you for a mental evaluation.
    If you go to the ER, you will have the same treatment but you will automatically be seen by a psichiatra to see if you need to be recovered as potential risk to harm yourself again. then it will be up to the psi to let you go home or remain in psi ward.

Emma what brought you to do this to yourself?

sending you my love
    granny xox

10. Gabe90

Gabe90 Member

what did you take and how much?

in US they would put you in a psych intervention ward, where you have no choice but to remain until theyre convinced you wont kill yourself.

I dont know how it is where you live, but i would never want to be in a psych ward.

11. wheresmysheep

well i went and i'm not in any immediate danger, they're seeing me tomorrow to try and work out what kind of anti depressants to be put on, also need help for sleeping and anxiety, as well as apparent ocd. but will have to see a phsyc for that

12. bitterTears

bitterTears New Member

hm...well when i o'd one of my friends convinced me to throw it up. for days after that i just...didnt feel right. i was fatigued, coughing up blood, and hurting inside. so i went to the ER. in my state...when there is a suicide attempt, there is a suicide threat, so i was treated, then bacarracted (sp?). i was sent to a mental institution for monitoring...72 hours. i had to talk to a psychiatrist, was diagnosed, and prescribed medicine. after i was released (having missed almost a week of classes, im in college :mad:) they set up counseling sessions.

13. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Similarly in Canada, if you come in with a mental illness related injury, they're going to be keeping you. From my expereinces with them in Canada, they aren't bad... But not great, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.