Morning Ritual

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by ManWithoutAName, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Every morning it's the same: roll out of bed and drag myself into the shower. Wash off the night before and clear my mind of whatever dream might be rattling around in my head. Some nights are easier to shrug off than others.

Push back the curtains, and just like a kid, rush over to the medicine cabinet. The mirror's still freshly covered with steam. Fresh canvas, but it's always the same. Ever so carefully I make my mark: a face with a big smile, ear to ear. "Today's going to be a good day," I promise myself.

It may not be perfect, the smile may be a little crooked, but somehow I like to think it's a better reflection of what I might otherwise see in the mirror. Today's a new day. Today may have it's bumps, it may not be perfect, but there's always tomorrow.
  2. Stripe

Stripe Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good way to start the day. I think I will give it a try tomorrow. :)
  3. kote

kote Account Closed

thats very motivational!!! i havent had a daily routine for years apart from more sleep. some days i get up others i dont.

i used to have a bath every morning before work. now that i dont work i see little point in washing or shaving unless im going out and even then its hard.

im actually getting better than i once was so im thinking if i copy your routine it might get me back on top again.

seems so simple and clear.

thank you!!!
  4. I wish both of you luck with it : ).

Life gets so complicated that sometimes it's just nice to have that one small thing to appreciate and cling to. I've always been very dependent on others for happiness, and for me it makes it feel like it's something obtainable and helps me feel like it's in my hands.

Best of luck to you! Copy it, take it, make it your own!