• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Mornings

lightning05

The mornings have been really hard for me. I often cry when waking up. The days I exercise in the morning have been pretty good because that's a distraction but a lot of the time I wake up feeling sad. There's been a lot of recent developments and realizations that have forced me to have to change major aspects of my life (mostly career) and I'm struggling with what to do next because I didn't expect this to happen. Also this year has been absolute shit worldwide and it's hard to even make those kinds of changes right now with everything being closed or reduced hours/in person and all. So I just feel like right now I'm on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean just trying to hang on but every day that passes makes me wonder if I really am going to make it.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
I am sorry you are going through this. I would suggest some meditation in the mornings even before you exercise. Somebody here suggested an app called Guided Journey Meditation. I have it on my phone now, it is very good, I would suggest trying it. I am hoping that things get better for you soon.

lightning05

Meditation in the morning is a great idea and thank you for the app suggestion. I looked up apps before and there's so many that I got overwhelmed so it's good to know this has worked for you. I will give it a try. I just started therapy today also and my first session went well so that's good sign.

MisterBGone

TM-(Transcendental Meditation) is a good one! But I don’t know if it’s supposed to be done on your own in the beginning... meaning you’re maybe supposed to have some individual one on one instruction, to learn it properly. But I’ve found it useful; & never bothered going to one of the seminars or anything... there’s probably a lot easier ones, though-

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00