Morphine and opiates

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by soliloquise, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

does anyone here take/ use opiates in particular morphine?

i would be interested in talking to you.
    i have managed not to get addicted yet by not taking it regularly.
    do you get any side effects? does addiction worry you?

btw before the drug police post any abuse i get this on prescription for a disability...

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You are lucky.
    I've only got percocets and oxycontin sometimes.

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Sam, all opiates are addictive but the main problems they cause to people are to do with the lifestyle that goes along with being an addict. The desperate need to find ways to pay for their addiction, the health effects of the crap that street drugs are cut with etc.. If you are just using medicinally and are getting a medically controlled version of the drug I wouldn't worry too much. Just be aware how much you are doing. After the first world war a lot of soldiers came back addicted to the morphine they were given after being wounded. In the trenches it was a commonly used field medecine. These young men were given a clean supply of the drug and in most cases went on to live happy and productive lives. Love and peace.:smile:

4. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

i know a lot about street drugs through personal use yrs ago and my job b4 i got ill. i have been on morphine i think 6 months? and have avoided addiction as i say. v careful and know how to not get addicted i guess. i only use it prescribed yea and nothing else apart from codeine when need be ( if it doesn't work i take morphoine )

hope youre ok snow x

5. I have morphine too, as a prescription. Alot of people know about this, and also know etc, which I won't mention here, but yeah, it sure is good for the pain.

6. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

As long as you use it as recommended I think you will be fine. It's when you start overdoing it, needing more and more to not be sick, etc... that it gets bad. Just keep it under control and take it like the doses are intended.

Had/have a lot of friends addicted to it. Not a friendly drug when you start using in other ways than the directions say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.