Morphine

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Total, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Total

Total Member

Im 13, And Since September 2007 Ive been addicted to Morphine =(
    My new years resolution is to stop it... But i dont think i can...:sad:

2. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Had it once medicinally without my consent. I was so sick & walking into walls for months afterwards. guess it's a drug like alcohol or smokes that make you sick the first time. i don't want to find out. i think methadone can get you off it, but other than having known a couple of addicts, don't know much about it

3. brokensoul98

brokensoul98 Well-Known Member

only thing i know, you can't withdrawl suddenly..takes time, and should do it under supervision. major side effects..

4. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Morphine? That's hard to stop, and the withdrawals will be hell. Go tell a doc you want to stop....they usually prescribe methadone...and ween you off of that slowly.... OR.....

I'd be glad to take it off your hands :laugh:

5. zetaf

zetaf Well-Known Member

Opiate addiction is a bitch. I suggest getting just enough pills to ween yourself off. Once you are down to only about 4-6mg a day you can very easily quit. If you are dealing with withdrawal and don't have any morphine (or other opiates) a good way to lessen your withdrawal is by taking Imodium AD. Most people don't know this, but Imodium was originally marketed as a pain killer, but it didn't do a good job of anything other than backing you up. It happens to be an opiate that doesn't pass the blood brain barrier so it helps with withdrawal, but doesn't get you high.. I've heard that twice the normal dose is a good amount to take for this. Also, apple juice can help too (with hydrating you and such). Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.