Most disgusting thing you've ever done while depressed

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by vir, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vir

vir Well-Known Member

Most of us have probably been there, where we just care so little about the banalities of our lives that we don't bother with them. And yeah, this can lead to some pretty gross behavior. So in the spirit of humor and one-upmanship, I was thinking we could post some of the more slovenly habits we've allowed into our lives. No, these are not things to be proud of, but maybe we can help each other feel better by telling about how gross we've let our lives get.

When I was really depressed last year, I rarely showered and only brushed my teeth twice a week or so. I slept in my clothes, so they were hardly ever changed. I would only shower when I couldn't stand the smell of myself. Once, I was on antibiotics for a tooth abscess. I quickly discovered that the antibiotics greatly lessened my body odor, which allowed me to go for three weeks without showering or changing my underwear or bedsheets. Again, I am not proud of this.

I've been eating a lot of rice with prepackaged curry sauce. And I've only washed the bowl when someone else is there to watch. It's been a month, and I've managed to avoid letting anyone see me refilling that nasty crusty old bowl with fresh food for that whole time. Granted, there was a period of a few weeks where I wasn't using the bowl; it just sat in my room dirty for that time until I felt like eating curry again, when I used the bowl without washing it.

I ate a whole half gallon of ice cream all at once because I didn't feel like going down to the freezer in the basement to put it away. It wasn't really a half gallon though; it was one of those new containers that's smaller than a half gallon but still sold like one.

I left the aforementioned ice cream container along with other garbage next to my bed, and was awakened one day by the sound of a mouse scraping the dried melted ice cream off the inside of the carton with his teeth. Then I did finally clean up the garbage and set out mouse traps and caught several of them. So no more mice. Baby steps...
  2. Sleep

Sleep Active Member

To myself regularly when I'm down, cutting my arms and face, smashing my nose in until it bleeds heavily, not shaving for over a month and a few years ago when I felt happier in my life I lay in urine stained boxer shorts for four days after taking ecstasy each night at home listening to music and sleeping through the day.

I've only done horrible things to other people either when I've been grieving or under the influence of drink and drugs like punching them, sending them horrible texts. And sometimes telling them to f**k off when they've made fun of my chronic lack of confidence and seeing me vulnerable. :depressed
  3. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

About 12 years ago I was in such a severe depression that it was upsetting my cat. He began to pee on my bed. The vet examined him and said it was emotional not physical. I got to the point where I stopped cleaning it up and just lay in the stinking cat piss.
  4. armsopenwide

armsopenwide Active Member

ive had myself raped a few times and i know it is not nice to those who have, but did it a, cause when ever i was at my lowest , everyone still kept kicking, even while i was in hospital, b, just for a bit not to be lonely, c, i was hoping they would kill me, but didnt work and then had to deal with that, not the best
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

It wasn't exactly depression, but schizophrenic issues. Never showered a single day for 6 months. Would wear the same clothes to work, change into something comfortable, and then the next day, I would put on the previous clothes, and wear them to work again and this cycle continued for those six months.

That's how ill I was... not shaving either. I had a full on beard. It was long and curly. The meds and living at my parent's home have provided a bit of a schedule, since I need to keep going. There are some days I forget. But it's a lot less.
  6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Drank until I threw up, then drank till I threw up and on and on....managed to do this for nearly a whole week, till I started vomiting blood and thought it best to stop :eek:hmy:
  7. mrjones

mrjones Member

I can follow you ... I get a shower once every 2 - 3 weeks atm and sit in my dirty underwear all day playing computergame and smoking ... I always feel like I stink when I go to the supermarket. But when i get there I really do not care.
  8. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

My poor Terry! :hug: Whatever would convince that drinking that much would be good?
  9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I normally only shower every 3rd day and I used to think that I may be pushing it a little. I can't imagine not taking a shower for weeks or once a month.
  10. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Sleep for 5 days. Not shave my legs =/
  11. oval

oval Well-Known Member

damn o_O
    in the winter i shower every 2nd day, in the summer daily. im dying when i go over that limit. i could not imagine ever not showering for weeks
  12. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Neglect myself a lot. Not showering for days sometimes weeks, wearing the same pyjamas constantly without changing/showering for days sometimes weeks. Not brushing my teeth for days. And trust me when you are a girl with womanly issues not showering for days during that time really is gross and disgusting. I also cut myself, overdose, get drunk amd abuse my veins with needles so yeah, pretty disgusting.
  13. Madsys

Madsys Active Member

i dont shower unless i have to or i feel like it...i hardly ever brush my teeth...i would happily wear the same clothes day in day out...i dont brush my hair unless it starts to annoy me and i only eat when i feel like it (when my stomach starts eating itself) and even then its junk parents try and help....they make me change and shower occasionally....but it usually ends in a fight...sometimes i even find ways to avoiod turning the shower on and just standing outside it aand wet the tips of my hair...then i feel guilty about wasting water...even when i finally do shower i tend to just sit in the bottomm of the shower with the water running over me while im just thinking or completely zoned out and of the planet...i dont do drugs or alcohol although i have drunk some stuff...when could get my hands on it... i would just sit on my bed and drink it staring off into space...i sleep on my couch or the florr and i dont even remember the last time any of my sheets or blankets were gonnsa stop now...
  14. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

This is more of an anxiety thing than depression, but close enough anyway:

At one point I had convinced myself that all of my teeth were decaying. Cavities all over. So over a period of weeks I started brushing them more and more, five or ten times a day, harder each time, scraping at the gums like mad. I damaged my gums badly in the process, scratched away some enamel on a couple teeth. Went to a dentist in a panic shortly thereafter. The verdict: I never had any cavities in the first place but now have gum problems. :(
  15. insanityx

insanityx Member

I'm literally the complete oposite. I sometimes shower or bathe four to five times a day. I feel that it is unsanitary to cry unless you're in the shower. I wash my skin so much that it becomes dry..which makes me shower again so I can exfoliate. I have to bleach my tub before I can shower and I will not let myself cry until it is done..if I do cry I usually bang my wrists on the bleached bathtub. I usually stay under the running water until it is so cold it hurts. I brush my teeth four times a day. I hand wash all of my clothes and iron them. I spend hours cleaning my shoes even if I have no where to go. I spend hours cleaning all of my make up brushes because I fear my eyes will become infected. I usually punish myself with cleaning and organizing and I won't sleep until its finished.
  16. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

When I'm going through a bad depression spell I'll go without showering, brushing my teeth and shaving up to 5 days.

I also usually don't even change my clothes until the last possible second (if it's my day off from work or something then I don't change at all)
  17. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Not caring about my appearance, not cleaning my room, drinking more than humanly possible, purposely hurting myself
  18. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

That's me right now. Actually it's just my whole apartment cuz it's a horrible mess and I just can't get the energy to clean it up.
  19. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah same here pretty much. There is so much I want to do but no energy to do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.