Most of the time ...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mama_Pills, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

… I can’t help but feel my old friends look at my Facebook and see I have about 6 or 7 pictures that are actually with college friends and smile and laugh and think about how awesome their lives are now with lots of friends and smiles and things to do and people to love them, and then proceed to think about how I deserve my loneliness, and how I will be alone for the rest of my life.
  2. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hi LalaMan,

I get that feeling all the time as well. To me its still tough to actually speak to any of my friends from school. I've changed so much since then, that I'm sure they don't recognize me anymore. But they don't know the struggles that I've been through, so if they want to make snap judgements on what they see or hear from others then its their problem... That's the attitude I'm working towards anyway... Sometimes I just can't shake that feeling of inferiority.

But if your old friends want to judge you on what they see on your facebook page, then you're so much better off without them anyway. You have one person to answer to and that's yourself. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone else. Much easier said than done, I know. A large number of friends are overrated anyway. Its not about the quantity but about the quality of friends that you have. Its incredibly hard to find just one good friend in this world, who accepts you for who you are and not your image on your facebook page or who they want you to be.

All the best!

3. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Good answers Max, remember LaLaManfr0 those 'friends' wouldn't put any bad stuff about themselves on FB, they could be having problems too. I'm in a classmates site, I see how well everyone's doing..have family, good jobs, etc. but then I realized the only ones who post are doing well, the ones who don't post/join could also be having crappy lifes, hope that makes a little sense.:huh:
  4. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

One of a thousand reasons I stopped using facebook
  5. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Me too, but it's because my co-workers are all on it, depresses me to no end having them push their happy lives in my face.:mad:
  6. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Thanx Gakky. :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.