most people are wolf in sheep disquise

Status
Not open for further replies.
to get better i thought it was important to realize the real intensions of people. because behind the friendly personality i see a monster, its goal is to exploit its environment which i can understand but almost sick it seems as this is beyond survival, it is this need to be better then you and i wonder why whats to gain. in phisical world, nothing. its all in the head thus it is mental disease. people dont want admit to themselves but its true and you think something wrong with you? i think depressed people are the people who can see whats happening conciesly or unconceously

Yes, Inthink that when people treat you in this way, and it's a way that you would never dream of treating someone else, it hits you all the harder.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
It's not that most people are evil monsters, it's about biology and evolution. Primates are social animals and live together within large social groups. All members have a certain status within the social structure, and it's very important to them. So there's constant challenge and jockeying for position, both to rise in status, and to stop from falling further. This is exactly what's constantly going on among humans, because humans are primates.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi, @somethingwrong - I'm sorry you have been so hurt in the past and that this is the conclusion you have drawn. Yes, there are people in the world who pretend to be kind and then just get what they need and from others and walk away. I cannot explain what motivates them...I don't know or understand what motivates them. Some people are, indeed, cruel and selfish. Some are good people, though.

I agree with you that many people who have suffered depression (or illness, poverty, abuse, trauma, loss, etc., etc.) are often more tuned in to compassion for the world. It can be a challenge to accept that some people are just not always nice. Most people in the world are not evil. Most are just trying to get by in their own life and do what they need to do. They might not always see or demonstrate as much compassion as they could or would like to. If you don't have enough resources for yourself, it's pretty much impossible to "give" to others. My take is that the problems in the world involve the ones who don't care about anyone or anything except themselves and who are willing to tromp over others and ignore the damage they leave behind.

My personal stance is to try to be good and kind in my immediate environment - in the hope that it makes the world a better place in a small way. I hope that the feeling is passed along from me to them to others. I try to spend my time with people who are kind, compassionate, reasonable and considerate of the impact of their words and actions. There are GOOD people out there. Most people are simply doing the best they can to "get by". When we really need to see "good" being done to help the marginalized and/or less fortunate in the world, we could help out with some kind of charitable cause - do some volunteering. That allows us to be around people who are good and who are doing things to help. Perhaps that could help you feel more that there are sheep in sheep's clothing...*hug* I hope so. Keep looking and you'll eventually find people to make up a caring flock. tc *hug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00