Most used word and question: "why?"

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by UnderAchiever, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnderAchiever

UnderAchiever New Member

I'm a coward, why is life is a burden?

I'm always the guy out of my friends that will get the girls but not keep them.

Read my username..

I know I can do well in school but I'm a lazy shit, I can't study.. I fear that for all of the potential that I have.. I won't do well on Leaving.. I won't get the good job, or the nice house with a family and kids, something I and millions others don't have, but they get on with their life, why can I not brace the storm and dictate my own life I'm 16 years old and I'm staring at 2 paths, I can change my life but I can't.

There is no God, No hope or a higher power..
    I want to kill myself but I don't have acess to quick and painless methods..

FML.

2. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

what stops you from changing your life ?
    what are you afraid of ?

3. blueman

blueman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I feel the same way about myself, so I can relate to this.

I'm much older than you, I left school at 16 with NO qualifications, NO idea what I wanted to do, I got a crappy job in a factory, then a crappy job in a hotel, then a crappy job in IT, before I knew it I'd met the right woman and married her! Funny how life turns out even when you think you're constantly under-achieving.
    Day by day you're doing little things to improve yourself. OK so you probably won't be president of the US but it wasn't until I reflected back at all those years that I realised I had actually ACHIEVED SOMETHING, however small it was. I have a loving wife who realises all the crap I went through to get to where I am now and she doesn't think I'm an under-achiever, even though I still do to this day. 'Achievements' are pretty much everything that you do and experience day-to-day; Getting through the day is an achievement, getting that girl is also an achievement, if you lose her and find another one you'll realise where it went wrong and think not to do that again! That experience itself is an achievement! :D

Now, I think I'm incapable of studying or learning anything new just like you, but counselling is teaching me how to stop beating myself up, but I haven't got to where I am today by not doing anything; I must've done a lot of things right, right? :) My achievements crept up on me! Don't lose that hope, you're only 16, you've still much to achieve, just do it slowly and surely, your achievements will creep into your life, they may not manifest themselves in the shape of diplomas and degrees but living itself is an achievement.

By the way, I still have no diplomas, degrees, etc. I'm still an under-achiever in that respect.. The main thing is, I have people around me who love me and don't judge me on how scholarly I am.

No doubt, out there must be geniuses from MIT, Harvard, Yale, Eton, etc who I'm sure who are under so much pressure to achieve they actually WISH they'd got our lives instead, no-one to pile so much pressure on us, no peer pressure. Think of it that way.

You're 16, you will find work, however small the pay but it will give you that sense of achievement and a sense of belonging in the world. You'll get the girls, as you say, that's something a lot of people may never achieve even if they are up to their necks in diplomas and degrees!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2009
  4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

why are you a coward?

5. blueman

blueman Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like we're going to get an answer.

6. Maeetras

Maeetras Member

I find that peoples' happiness is usually greater when they ask that question, "why", a lot less. It's sad to think about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.