Most wonderful time of the year?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Sparky55313, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

Been a long time since I have been here but now find myself in crisis. I was most fortunate enough to receive riches 9 months ago. I had a good time fishing, camping and "helping" my new found friends. Cash is gone & so are my "friends". The holiday is here and I choose to be alone. I am so embarrassed I let people use me how they did.
    I do have family but because of my depresion I am considered an outcast. I recieve disability due to my condition and therefore am officially a holiday "fruitcake" to my family.
    I sent out 40 plus cards this year and so far recieved one...from my landlord....with a notice of rent increase.
    As much as I had a very good last year, I was only watching others being happy. I set my feelings aside when I can make others happy.
    Law enforcement can teach youngsters to just say no. They can't teach me. Saying no to feeding poverty is much harder and I can't do it anymore.
    I'm broke. But yet I keep being asked for help and I give it. I now can't pay my own bills. I am going to loose my place.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Having a good heart can truly be a heart condition...I have done the same...gave people money and left nothing for you, I had wished someone had protected me from me...although you did not send me a holiday card, please check your PM box as one will be waiting as soon as I finish this post...please continue to let us know how you are doing, and welcome back
  3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

eh heh, i get what you mean. christmas for me is a little bittersweet too.

thing is, it's always harder to tell who your friends are when you have money. i mean, it shouldnt be that way but shit just gets fucked up like that and thats life =/

you gotta try remember that you come first though, how are you meant to be able to help others when you're in a bad place yourself? way i see it is that you can help more people when you're in a good place than when you're in a bad one.

take care of yourself. wish i had better words of comfort for you, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.