mother again

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by wheresmysheep, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

so i come home from being in my bfs and mum starts on me, saying that im not ready for college and that i've made a useless attempt at trying to apply for college, end of it all being that i'm useless and i cant do anything right. so i will be out of meds once the morning comes, we shall see
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I'm sorry she said those inaccurate things. It's very hard when someone is emotionally abusive, but try to remember that just because they say those things, it does NOT mean they are right. You've done a great thing by applying to college, and you should be very proud of yourself. Prove her wrong. She's not worth hurting yourself over.

To be honest? I don't know you very well and I have no idea about your mum, but she sounds jealous of you.
  3. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Hello "sheep". It may be a shot in the dark but my girlfriend's mother has been saying hurtful words at just the wrong time and attempting subtle sabotage for years because, in both of our opinions she is frightened of losing control of her "girl".

I'm sure or at least I really hope your mom truly loves you and maybe it is her insecurity of losing you by you going on to your own life, career or marriage. It's just a theory, probably way off but regardless of why you are being mistreated I hope you get through this crisis.

Big hugs........ :console: :hug:
  4. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

hey emma, my mom also said i wouldnt be right for study, not in such an horrible way your mom did. But never believe in an opinion from just one person. Its fucking shit she does it, but listen to yourself more. You know youre not shit, all the things youve done, especially for your family. Its just a shitty mindfucking way to keep you at home.
  5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Sheepy hun,

YOU know when you are ready, you and only you.
    You are great, you just need to learn to believe it.
    Your Mum takes a lot out on you and there's no way you should have to put up with it.
    Here if you need me,

Samsam xx
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

thanks guys :hug: i'm still here my psych said the same sort of things you guys are saying, thanks for the responces :hug:
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

-echoes sam's post-

You're a wonderful person, brilliant friend and you've been through a lot, came out the other side.. you've made so much progress :) Let us know how you're feeling today, always here if you need us :hug:
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

as hard as it is, only believe what you know to be true about yourself, no matter who is saying it...J
  9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

some mothers are just negative, negative, negative due to their own low self esteem...
    don't listen to the negative what you know you can do and prove her wrong..
    good luck....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.