1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother will be the death of me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by WhyMeWhy, Feb 29, 2008.

1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

She took 80 valium within 24 hours! She drank on top of it! I can't handle watchin her kill herself! I'd much rather die! I can't go into all of it now, I need sleep. I can't take it much longer. It really will be the death of me though. This is the purest form of torture!

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

awww hun, I'm so sorry. if you need to talk feel free to contact me. Take care hun. :hug:

3. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

OK, I've gotten what little sleep I can.
    1st. She's an addict. Thats one of the only things we have in common. But her addiction runs deeper than mine. She has lived w/ it for many more years than I've even lived.
    2nd. She's so angry all the time....sometimes I think it's where I get my insanity from, 'cause she is quite insane. Bordering on psychotic I suppose.
    She takes no meds for this condition, she just lives that way. She only takes meds for deppression, anxiety & sleep.
    3rd. She needs help, mentally. More help than I can possibly give, not bein a trained professional.
    4th. She uses me it feels. Like I exist only to serve/help her. The reward is little or none. But I can't truly say that. The reward is she helps keep me off the streets.
    It's a form of stability, bein w/ her. On my own I'd fuck it all up & end up who knows where? That's why, one of the reasons why I'm w/ her in life.
    4. Idk what to do on my own right now.
    So this is why I'm w/ her. Plus she needs help takin care of my mentally unstable younger bro-so that's what I do.
    This may not be the best life for me, but it's a life right? Better than bein a street junkie. For as long as I can withstand her. I'm awake because I can't sleep, I have to check on her all night to make sure she doesn't die from her use/abuse(80 valiums, alcohol,
    & she's holding codeine which I pray she hasn't taken all of). So that's that. I'm stuck in this situation for now. I can only hope things get better.

4. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

I take it there's no way you could take her to a hospital, or in future hold on to some of her pills? I know in this situation there's not much you can do.
    Hope everything goes OK, as far as it's able to

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I hope that you and your mom are ok whymewhy. It must be really hard watching your mother hurt herself like that.