Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by flayflow, Apr 18, 2009.

1. flayflow

flayflow Well-Known Member

im so pissed off with my mum right now!
    iv just said night to my bf who has come down for the weekend...
    mum has put him in the bedroom down the hall!!
    im 17 ffs...
    when i stay at his for the weeknd we sleep in the same bed, and my mum knows this...

is this the same with anyone else?
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I've not experienced this myself but i've known it to happen.
    Perhaps she just doesn't want to you to sleep together whilst your at your mothers house.
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

42 miles is a bit of a trek :hug:.

Would she not compromise a little e.g. letting you both sit in your room to watch a dvd? I used to do this years ago & then when it came for time to sleep my bf would go to the spare room.

It was far from ideal but I'd rather have those few hours cuddling up & watching a dvd as opposed to nothing at all. Sometimes we 'accidentally' fell asleep together, but that's all we did do was sleep, I was too scared to try anything else in case my Mum came into the room.

Boys always have it easier I think, I was never allowed my bf to stay in my room but my brother was always allowed his gf when he was the same age that I was.
  4. flayflow

flayflow Well-Known Member

yeh we can watch dvd's
    hes my only bf my mum has let up to my room so im trying to break her in slowly...
  5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Oh for crying out loud. You're pissed at your Mom because you're 17 and your Mom won't let you share a bed with your boyfriend? It doesn't matter what you do when you're not at her house. When you are at her house it is her responsibility to do what she thinks is right, which obviously includes not letting the 2 of you share a bedroom. Put another way, what if you drank alcohol or gambled or smoked crack while you were away? Does that mean she should just say "Well, fuck it I guess she's gonna do it anyway so I might as well just not say anything and let her do it here".

Her job as a Mom is to try to lead you in the direction she thinks is right, and I don't know a mother in the world who would let their 17 year old daughter sleep in the same bed with her boyfriend in her home. The bottom line is that your Mom is trying to do the nice thing by making the effort and letting your boyfriend stay at her house and eat her food all because she knows he is important to you and she loves you.

You need to respect your Mother's wishes while you are staying with her and just be thankful she's even letting your boyfriend stay at her house at all.
  6. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

As the mother of a 17 yr old daughter there is absolutely no way on God's earth i would allow her and her boyfriend to sleep in the same room!!
    I think you should be grateful you are not my daughter :laugh: If you were, no way would he be staying over at my house and, guess what? You would not be staying over at his either!
    Not trying to be harsh but, just pointing out that you should be more grateful for your mum allowing any of it :yes:
  7. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

whoa, wait a sec..............

aren't you the girl who is constantly having pregnancy scares, yet still continues to have unprotected sex? :blink:

Your mother is right! If you were my daughter, I wouldn't let ya anywhere near a guy :laugh:
  8. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Damn your mom actually gives a shit... trade me please?
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Great post :) I totally agree.
  10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

17 is a frustrating age I suppose. One year away from being considered an adult. :hug: