Motivation and lack of it :)

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Kaos General, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Im mildly amused and somewhat pissed off at the same time, im just wondering, anyone else who has bi-polar do you have lack of motivation and procrastination mixed together?

Im supposed to be revising for an exam on thursday and i cant seem to concentrate for longer than half an hour before i get bored and do something else, thats after it takes me 3 hours to get motivated enough to do it in the first place.

I think i need help :lol!:

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I am the same way...I get up extra early as it takes me like 3 hours as well to get up the mental energy to go to work. I used to be on time almost always and clients commented on it now seems like I am late simply cause I cannot get into gear.
    I don't know if it is an issue of feeling safe in bed with the computer or an actual fear of getting out in the world. Once out I do alright really...it is the initial effort that I struggle with. In fact I can be quite high energy when out and about and I do love my job so??
    I have never heard of this being a symptom of bi-polar per se and really am trying to "snap out of it" or "just do it", as my Dad would say, but I dread the first step.
    If you have any tips that would be great....was thinking about asking everyone how they get going and get their started as I need to get over this.
    Take care Wayne...we are going to get through this somehow....:arms: Bambi

3. denistar

denistar Active Member

I don't have any tips.... But I can relate to what you guys are feeling.
    There are days when I stay in bed and skip work. My performance is affected but I don't have it in me to go to the office. For the past month, I haven't really been connecting with the world. I've been escaping through the books I read. I stay in bed all day and just read, sleep, read.

Lately, I haven't had motivation to do anything.

Is there a way to make this easier?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.