Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Abacus21, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

For last few days, I've felt so very low at times.

During this time, I've had school, and I *need* to get some work done, for example, with this 1 minute speech on Paul von Hindenburg for German (in German).
    Also, with Psychology, I need to (sounds simple, and *is* simple, but takes effort!) take 10 celebrity couples, and then put them apart, and get folks to rate their attractiveness, for Wednesday. I'm thinking of dropping it anyway, as I don't have the motivation to do it, as I missed 2 exams (because I had a clash) when everyone else did it in May/June, so I'll have to do 3 exams in one day, in January...

I don't know, I'm just finding everything hard to do at the moment, even to just get out of bed seems hard at the moment :dunno:
  2. ybt

ybt Guest

compulsory education is useless anyway, so i put it on the subconscious realization of that, plus 'stress' overload
  3. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

Try and work through it, not easy I know, but try.

Everyone get like that sometimes, mainly when what you are doing starts to get boring, or no longer stretches your imagination.

I'm like that with ironing !!!! :rolleyes:

It's a bit crap having all those exams in one day, but it is just one day, try and focus on that, exams, education, is only a really small part of your life, even though it seems so huge at the time.

But ...... there is always a but

Those little bits of paper you get at the end, really can make a difference, so it's worth going that extra mile, if you manage it, just for a short time.

I promise in a few years time, it will seem like it was just the blink of an eye.

Not much help now, I know.

I sound like some sort of old fossil, :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OMG, I have turned into my dad !!!

That's not good.

Do the best you can, when its done its done, you can do something else, but try not to make any rushed or easy choices, that's the best any of us can do.
  4. ybt

ybt Guest

which papers, fatman?
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You can do it Joe. i know motivation is a struggle right now, but you have never been one to shy away from your responsibilities. I think that if you know it needs to get done, it will get done. I know you are ready to take a break. you have earned it, but forge ahead and take care of it now so you don't have to later. Have faith in you Joe. I know I do. :hug:
  6. BelovedDreamer

BelovedDreamer Well-Known Member

Motivation is always a tough one. Stress just makes it harder to motivate yourself. This is sort of the blind leading the blind (I have this issue pretty regularly when it comes to school work and have never found a perfect solution), but I'll try some advice anyway. So. Meditate, play guitar, read a book for a while, whatever relaxes you. Then sit down and prioritize. What is due first? What counts most? Which do you feel more comfortable working on? What feels least threatening. Which one is most interesting (or the least uninteresting...), etc. Then choose one project. Figure out what needs to get done first for that project. Don't pressure yourself about it if you can. Don't think about the next step or the next project. Maybe try to create some motivation (i.e. When Part A of Project I is finished I get to go to the pub for a drink). Hopefully your brain will get involved and things'll get rolling. Most of all try not to concentrate on how much you DON'T want to be doing what you're doing bx you'll just get caught up in thinking about how much you hate it and that won't get anything done, try not to stress out, and take frequent breaks. Or don't take breaks. Work should not be a marathon, make the work a tiny break in the fun. Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass. ::shrugs:: And most most most of all, don't kick yourself about lacking motivation. It's really freaking tough to stay motivated in Uni (or any level for that matter). The system doesn't lend itself to motivation. It tends toward the opposite, in fact. People can tell you to just get off your ass and do it, but it ain't that easy. Motivation is a bitch when it disappears and it can't be created with the snap of the fingers. Especially when everything in life, not just school, is kicking your ass. Just do what you can and fuck the rest.
  7. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

That would be the qualifications you get at the end of it.
  8. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

:hug: Joe. I'm sorry that things are so stressful at the moment. I know at times it's hard to even want to get up and do things but I hope that you fight through it because from what i see you are a really intelligent person.

:hug: best of luck Joe.
  9. ybt

ybt Guest

i believe that for high school the 'papers' are just unbelievably pointless. in college they're actually worth something when YOU choose what you want to take
  10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Well Joe is doing his A Levels which is not compulsory. I have been where you are Joe, I actually went through a stage of considering dropping out because I had so much on with events going on in my life last year I fell behind and I didn't have the motivation. I spoke to my Head of 6th Form about it and he spoke to my tutors. I also had a private talk with my psychology teacher (btw, AS/A Level psychology rocks :tongue:) and my sociology teacher, the fact that they knew helped and they were more understanding. I really suggest you speak to your head of year and/or your teachers as soon as you can, the sooner you do the better. Actually, as it's June now have your exams finished?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2007
  11. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

My exams have finished now, yup...

I've been feeling better these last few days :)
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Glad to know you are feeling better Joe. Exam time is very stressful. Done now. :) :hug:
  13. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Yay! I'm glad they're over with now. Good luck for August. :)
  14. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I've been given this quite easy, yet at the same time, quite hard, task to do for Psychology:

Find 10 photos of couples (that all have to be roughly the same in the type of shot, ie - all colour, roughly same position etc), and then cut them up / crop them, so it's 1 person per photo, then survey 10 people on each person.

The idea is that each seperate person in the couples will have the same attractiveness rating as the other (if that made sense)...

Any help at all? Maybe with photos? I'm having trouble finding them, hard as that is to believe.. :dunno:

If you do have a photo, please PM me it, and not post it on the main forums...
  15. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

Well, they do say something about only dating a max of two points above or below yourself, don't they? I guess they think that's how it goes. Oh well.
  16. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

:hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :flowers:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.