Motivation?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Pécheur, May 5, 2011.

1. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

I'm at college, I HAVE to get all of my outstanding work complete by the end of this month so I can graduate and gain my diploma. I don't think I have the ability to self-motivate so I'm asking for some help. When I read my essays, they seem easyish, I know I could tackle them. When I try to, my head goes blank and I just can't past this wall.

Does anyone know anything that will help?

2. SuperMoon

SuperMoon Active Member

I'm sorry for not understanding but I don't know what you mean by "essayish"?
    How have your essays been before and what were your grades?
    Meaning, if you did well before, just keep doing what you're doing!

If not, have you asked a classmate/professor/teacher assistant/student services for assistance with your writing?

Sometimes, at least for me, it helped just to take a break, walk away from it, and then get back to it when my mind cleared and I could look at it with "fresh" eyes. Keep pushing through, you'll be so relieved in the end. Good Luck!

I don't know if I could be any help if you wanted to send your essay to me and I could try to look it over.
    (I have a B.A. in Anthropology and did well on my papers)

3. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

The best way I've found is to reward myself when I've done things that are hard - be it something for my sweet tooth, writing a tricky letter or sometimes as basic as getting out of the house.

Motivate yourself by rewarding yourself when you achieve - if that makes sense...

4. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

Thanks for your replies.
    I meant easy-ish, they're not too hard to be honest and I have got A's in all 14/18 modules so far. I know I could do it, just seems that soon as I read through it my mind wanders and I can't bring it back.

I've taken a month away from studying and lectures, not got out of bed and refused to look at any notes. My head is cleared and I want to get on track. I don't know it's hard to explain.

I've spoke to my lecturers and they just tell me that I have to have more confidence in my abilities.. They also drill me for the work, I have a support tutor who has told them that putting me under pressure is just causing more anxiety and causing more of a hold up on the work.

I have nothing to treat myself with really, I'm not interested in doing anything. Well I am but I either can't afford it, it's not realistic or it's not enough to motivate me.

Thanks again.