Move On?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Sa Palomera, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

How does one move on from having their heart broken?
    I know it takes time, but how do you cope?

After she tore me apart, I spent a week crying my eyeballs out, barely sleeping, listening to sad songs, feeling sorry for myself.
    Then I 'decided' I would not let a girl do this to me. I could not and would not allow myself to feel like crap over her any longer.
    It kinda helped that I started at uni and had a SHITLOAD of coursework and had to work and what not, but now I'm away for the weekend, and I actually have time to think, it just hits me all over again.
    Seeing or hearing her name, reading things about her or what she's done. Even just seeing friends communicate with her on Facebook hurts like hell.

I can only remember feeling this screwed-over once before. June last year.
    I have been heartbroken before. About 4 or 5 times in my life I think. I honestly can't remember how I coped back then. It either must have hurt less, or I had a way to deal with it properly.

What does one do to make the pain go away, or at least fade a bit, make it less present?

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I don't really know how to cope. I guess i just keep plodding along, working etc.

I'm going through the same things at the moment, as you know.

Just try to stay focussed on uni, work and football. Eventually the pain will ease up a bit.

I am back home now so i'm sure i'll catch you on MSN etc more often and we can chat.

Love ya.

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

breakups are the pits!!
    but just keep thinking of what you said....hard I know but the thing with grieving the breakup is the only way is through it...no getting around it..
    try to avoid reading and hearing anything about her..tell your friends you don't want to know.....
    for me i had to move towns ...bit drastic but it worked...
    good luck

4. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

Hey dude everyone who goes through a breakup of a relationship that meant something feels the same way you feel. All of this is normal but you are doing the right thing keeping busy helps. There are gonna be times where a thought of her can send your mood right down the poop shoot again but just know that it gets better with time.

5. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Thanks all, for the replies.
    After the sadness, came the anger.
    Now I'm just busy mostly. There's only surprisingly few thoughts of her in my head the last days, so that's good. :)
    I have too much going for me to let a situation like this bring me down any longer :grouphug: