move out? im loosing it!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by name, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. name

name New Member

i honestly dont know what to do, im so stressed im loosing it.

i have the option of moving out this summer, about 5 hours away by plane. to a place i always wanted to live in.

i met my boyfriend there last summer, he is not the reason i want to move there. i wanted to move there way longer than before i met him. but he honestly is the sweetest person i have ever met. its long distance right now, so its hard but we seem to be making it work, he visited me about a month ago for two weeks.

now i don't know if i should move this summer there, or wait. i have already been waiting a long time to move, but i am terrified that i wont be able to find or afford a place.

i applied to two schools there 1 i didnt get into, and the other im still waiting to hear back.

if i do get in, i will have to live on my own because the school does not have residence, and i will have to pay for school too, which will be really hard since it will be hard working and going to school.

if i dont get in, i plan on living in the same city as my boyfriend, and my sister are living in. but it is expensive.

i don't know what to do. and i feel like i've been so stressed out lately with money and everything, trying to figure out what to do. and i've been taking it out on my boyfriend, and i know he doesnt need any stress from me.

one last note. Im 18 and im on my last year of high school. my dream is to be a photographer, and that is what i wish to study at the place i want to move to.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

yay! another photographer! that's what i do...

can you stay with your sister while you job hunt? do you have *any* savings. it would be better if you have a few months rent saved up before you get there, since it can take a while to find work and get your first paycheque.

i can understand how such a big change is scary, but why not go for it. put a little safety net in place (some savings, your sister's sofa) so that you know if it is tough at first you will have a few people to help you out and watch over you.
  3. name

name New Member

yes i have some money saved up,but it dosnt seem like enough. since rent is so expensive there.

my sister said i can stay with her for lke 2-3 weeks, because its not her house, its her boyfriends.
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

if you have 2 months rent / utilities / grocery money saved then why not go for it. are you in the states? check out craig's list for roommates wanted or sublets. that way it's cheaper, at least for the first few months, plus you will meet some new people.

are you still living at home? it might seem like such a big step to move out but will be so great once you are actually living your dreams.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.