moved across the country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auerbach

I have recently went to live across the country for one month, I have been here for three weeks and have one more week left here. It was definitely a change of environment for me. At first i liked it, all the little things about this place that are different from where i am. but after two weeks there were so many triggers, and i had a crisis where i felt like attempting suicide or like self harming. Luckily i was able to be talked down.

The reason why i went into crisis was because i was feeling worse here than I did back home. I felt that I do not fit in anywhere and that it is going to be like that anywhere i go, i was feeling hopeless thinking that it does not matter where i go, the same problems arise, the same thing that i was dealing with back home. I don't feel like there is any place for me, to feel comfortable and it does not help that i feel like everyone dislikes me or has something against me.

I am leaving in a week and I can honestly say that I can't wait to get home. The living situation was always awkward here from the start. And I just am feeling really home sick and uncomfortable here. And I am also still feeling depressed. This depression follows me everywhere i go, interfering with my thoughts and emotions, making my social anxiety and major depression worse.

Hey- When I was 10, I moved all the way from Minnesota to California, so I understand what you're feeling! The first few weeks in a new place are really difficult. When I started Highschool, I was picked on by old friends and was invisible to everyone else for a MONTH. But after that initial month, people got to know me and now I have tons of friends. Home is where the heart is, but a little change is good too. You can't expect to always feel perfect, especially when starting all over in a new place. There will be ups and downs, but in the end you might end up having a rich and rewarding experience if you stick around. Since that isn't your plan, I reccomend trying to address the roots of your problems and try to see if there's anything you can do to fix or prevent them. Keep us posted- I really hope things work out for you. And although I don't know much about your story, I've been in your shoes in this regard too many times when it comes to leaving somewhere and starting from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00