Moved to new city, more people, but OMG more lonelyness!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jacob1973, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob1973

Jacob1973 Well-Known Member

I just moved another couple of hundred miles to another town for my job. This time I am in a big city, which is so incredibly foreign to me. Growing up in small towns, this city is overwhelming. I dont know anyone, have no friends, no family anywhere near me. I thought moving here would help me get my life in order, but I am even more lonely and even more depressed. Heck, its worse now, even with the medicine the doctors gave me for depression. They changed it because the old meds were making me stay up, no sleeping, and feeling like a zombie. I havnt been taking these new meds long, but damn it, I am feeling so incredibly LONELY! WOW!!! I just dont know what to say! I guess that it hit home that I am such an ugly guy, and that most women dont even want to go on a date with me. I know my psych (woman doctor) told me that I am not ugly and that I will in time find that special woman in my life, but I just dont know if I even care anymore to live long enough to find that special person. ARRRGGGHHH!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey Jacob,

Change is scary, give it some time. Let it settle down, you'll surely make some new friends at your workplace? Sorry you're struggling though. Look at the bright side, you've got a new job, great psych and you're getting your life back on track! :hug:

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Jacob,
    You took a large step in moving to a big city.. Give it time it will grow on you..I agree with Irishdoll that you will make friends at work.. That is a start..Have you checked into wether there are any support groups where your living?? You can make friends that way also..
    Your phsyc is right that there is someone for everyone out there..Just be aware to the signs..I met mine years ago but let her go because she was a nice girl and I was strung out on drugs.. I wasn't good for her.. To this day I wonder how her life turned out..
    In my opinion you don't want to try and meet her in a bar.. Every relationship I have had I met in bars and they never worked out..I hope you stay safe!!

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Cities can be very overwhelming noise people but there is more to do there. Have you tried going out to different eateries movies attractions lots to do. It takes time but you may just come to enjoy the city life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.