Movies about suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boo

Why is it so difficult to find a movie that deal with suicide? I think i've only seen 3. That is Leaving Las Vegas, Interrupted Girls and the other one about that boy. Except for the last one, the other two are so "hollywood".
This also goes for documentaries. I've looked through the 2008 to 2010 archives of documentaries from BBC, PBS, HBO, Discovery channel and found 1... one!!!!! that was the golden bridge documentary. There's probably 20 docs on how Obama is the savior of humanity.

Anyone know any movies about it?

KittyGirl

I know of plenty of movies that mention/deal with/happen to show situations with or about suicide.
XD
There's plenty of them, trust me.
Basically any movie theme that has to do with post-apocalyptic human survival situations will circle around the idea of suicide and one or more characters will end up going through with it.
Lots of dramas with suicide; plenty of suspense/thriller type movies dealing with suicide and there's usually the mention of suicide in ANY celebrity biography you could scrounge up.

I'm not going to name them off. I do know that there are alot.
There are ones with the word suicide in the title as well.

Sweethearts. It's a black comedy about a guy who wants to meet a perfect 'slender' girl through a dating agency and ends up with a slightly overweight and very crazy bipolar girl, who holds him at gunpoint and forces him to be her final date before her planned suicide the next day.

Needless to say he ends up falling in love with her. You should check it out.

boo

Yes, i know there are lots of movies that has a character that will commit it. Thelma & ****** for example. But i'm talking about movies with a character dealing with the issue the whole movie in depth.

Sweethearts. It's a black comedy about a guy who wants to meet a perfect 'slender' girl through a dating agency and ends up with a slightly overweight and very crazy bipolar girl, who holds him at gunpoint and forces him to be her final date before her planned suicide the next day.
Oh my...

boo

Hmmmm there have been loads of drama's in the uk dealing with suicide but i just cant remember what any of them are called.

Try www.channel4.com

www.itvplayer.com

www.five.tv
Thanks for the links

Oh and Vanessa since you're in Canada, you will be able to watch this if you want to. It's the Fifth Estate Documentary about Nadia Kajuji the girl who was pursuaded to commit suicide through an online forum... http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/the_fifth_estate Just click on the "Most Watched" link and find the one called "Death Online"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00