Movies that make you go 💤💤💤

RCee

Any BBC documentary these days. Even if it's amazing, the music and the way the narrator speaks so slowly - I'm literally fighting with my eyelids a few minutes in.

Pretty much any movie if it starts at 9pm!
I get that.
I learned the hard way to put volume on low when I’m dozing and a nature show is on. All of a sudden you hear loud noises and jerks you awake. Thinking .. okay.. I didn’t know that animal could make noises like that!
Thanks.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
I get that.
I learned the hard way to put volume on low when I’m dozing and a nature show is on. All of a sudden you hear loud noises and jerks you awake. Thinking .. okay.. I didn’t know that animal could make noises like that!
Thanks.
Maybe watch a documentary about the life of a snail?

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Philosophy of a Knife is 4.5 hours long and boring. I think I made it through 40 minutes. It also looks like whoever made it was on an acid trip with the imagery and sound effects. LOL

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I think just about anyone could sleep through You've Got Mail!! I usually turn the TV off before I'm ready to go to sleep. But sometimes if I can't sleep, I'll put on a sitcom on low volume. Anything from the 80s through now.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
if you want to go to sleep, maybe 2001 A Space Odyssey would be a better choice.
I've heard that is a really good movie, but the last time I tried to watch it, it had such a slow start that I got bored and turned it off. Not sure if I did actually fall asleep though.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I've fallen asleep to several superhero movies. Specifically the movie Man of Steel, as well as The Avengers. Can't really seem to get into the whole superhero thing for the most part. But I never have actually put any of them on to help me sleep better. I am more likely to use music for that.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I've heard that is a really good movie, but the last time I tried to watch it, it had such a slow start that I got bored and turned it off. Not sure if I did actually fall asleep though.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I've fallen asleep to several superhero movies. Specifically the movie Man of Steel, as well as The Avengers. Can't really seem to get into the whole superhero thing for the most part. But I never have actually put any of them on to help me sleep better. I am more likely to use music for that.
How could I have forgotten. there is another horribly boring movie. but first to comment on your comment, i have a feeling that if you use the boring movie to actually fall asleep, maybe you will or at least make your mind up to just leave it on.

Now the movie I’m thinking of now i am certain will put you to sleep. Star Trek, The Motion Picture. This is the first Star Trek movie and such a big disappointment. You‘d think they’d have made an effort to make it a success. anyway i worked in a theatre where it was playing and i had to try to stay awake just for the job.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I never thought of 2001 and Star Trek The Motion Picture as boring so much as like Baywasp points out, it seemed to be overly drawn out. With 2001 I thought it may have been as much to show off the special effects that were very impressive for 1968 so you had a bit of long lingering scenes when a quick shot through would have worked fine. It also helps if you have read the book and get the idea of an alien civilization affecting human society evolution otherwise the ending can be confusing.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00