Moving away and dreading it

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Abby Rose, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abby Rose

Abby Rose Well-Known Member

With in the next couple of months I will be moving away into a new city and going into a new school. On the one hand I am looking forward to it, I haven't made any friends where I am now and I don't have any family so it's not like I am leaving anyone behind. However I don't know anybody where I am moving to and I am desperately scared that something is going to happen to me when I get there, or I will do something to myself or both. This is a familiar situation for me, trying to be optimistic, but every time I think things are looking up I have a massive breakdown, and I end up more damaged then when I started. But after years of trying I am running out of patience and hope, let alone opportunities, to better myself. But if I can't make any progress in the next few months I really don't know what options I have left.

2. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

My experience with this situation is to simply not look at the big picture, but take a little step at a time. I tend to self-sabotage in that kind of situation so I know that fear can be overwhelming.
    kD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.