Moving on...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Shauna Lea, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

3 years ago, I sat on this forum day in and day out. If you didn't find me on here, you'd find me in my room listeing to sad music, researching methods or just living life recklessly because I didn't care for life. In March 2007, an attempt left me in hospital. I almost lost my life. At the time, I was angry, jealous and beyond depressed. Looking back, I'm thanking God for a miracle that to this day seems surreal...I'm alive, breathing and in less than a month, I'm getting married to an amazing man.

I just signed onto this forum for the first time in almost a year...and I found that a lot of the same people are still posting...and sadly, still hurting. It's hard to know that some are still in this low season of their lives. But it's important to know that is it just that...A SEASON. I guess I just wnated to come past and let those people know that they are not forgotten, they are not worthless and they are far from insignificant. And me coming back and searching specifically for your names is direct proof of that.

I'm not going to give a life lesson but what I did learn was that acceptance is whats needed. Some things don't go your way - accept that. Some of us dont have functional families - accept that. Some of us have had terrible pasts - accept that and make a better future. Easy to say, hard to do...but not impossible.

May god bless you all!
  2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Hey hun, im sooo glad everything turned out great you cos you deserve it sooo much. I'm so happy that things have gone so well with him. I remember us talking when you first started dating! :eek:hmy: can't wait to see the pics of the wedding! :tongue:

Wishing you all the best for the big day, i'm sure it'll be AMAZING!
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thanks for such a lovely post Glad you are doing so well
  4. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

good to hear things are going so good down under :eek:hmy: im very happy for you :smile:
  5. Nine

Nine New Member

Hey Shauna Lea :)
    I am very happy for you, I always knew you would live your life to the fullest, you always had such amazing potential and I knew you would live such an amazing life! Your a beautiful, smart, funny and very loving and caring person. One of the most amazing people I have ever had the privelidge to know. I am so glad you are in a happy relationship and wish you good faith in the future! You will be a great wife and by the sounds of it will have an amazing partner and husband to share your life! You deserve this, you always have, stay happy and keep smiling!

You will always have a special place in my heart :)
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

thanks for such an uplifting post...I wish you well in the future and congratulations.....*hugs*
  7. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Thanks guys! I'm no different to any of you, you know? Each of you can get up, dust urselves off to move past whatever rut ur in at the moment.

And it's not like it's a fairytale. I'm happy, very happy...but there are hard days, days when work is a chore, days when I'd rather stay in bed and certainly days where Uni is the last thing I want to do. But I figured that I don't want there to be hurt in the world and I wasn't gonna change that for my bedroom.

I actually never thought I'd get married...I thought I'd be that independent women who just gets on with it cause 'men aren't worth it' haha very sex and the city of me right?!

Yepppppp, now I'm just babbling...awkwaaaaaard. Take care lovlies!
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Best of luck to you and please let us know how you are doing...big hugs, J
  9. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're getting on with your life now. It's times like this that give every member on here hope. Thank you.