Moving onto a New JOB?

cymbele

SF Supporter
Here I go again. After 3 years at my current job I am looking at taking some interviews for new jobs. Do I like my current job? Mostly. Why look now? Because my current job lacks PASSION.

the past 10 years I have been moving from job to job every 3-4 years. Since my last job which was pretty horrendous I have been relatively content. The current job is outside my usual expertise, relatively easier than all my other jobs, and I am treated relatively well. I get to work from home from time to time and have grown in this field which as I said is outside my usual expertise.

Factoring into this all is the fact is that in a month or two I will be 62 years old. My retirement plan is to work fulltime until 65 then part time until 67. (medical insurance is the main reason). Then fully retire. So I don't have long in this role anyway. So why look? Again, I am going through the motions and trying to remain upbeat but I don't get excited about work. But then again I don't worry about work when I go home.

The new job would ignite passion, require that I be in the office, and another proving curve to a new company. More secure in the technology, require more stress, but more money for retirement. But it is a change and the choice of the job is important because I am only looking at 4 -5 more years to work.

I am only looking at interviews now - I might not get the job. But looking is almost a sign I am looking at changing jobs. And I'm not sure I want to . I don't know why I am writing this - maybe just to myself. I have to make the decision. It feels momentous - as if I won't look for a job after this. Probably if I don't take the interviews I will be restless still. So I will soldier on.

Any ideas on whether to pursue the opportunities or should I just stop trying?

Astrid78

that's what he thinks
Sometimes a detailed list of the pros and cons is helpful along with some heartfelt soul searching, perhaps you just need to find other things to do besides work that would be full filling for you. typically when I feel indecisive like this I just "go with the flow" and see where I end up. Hope everything works out to suit you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00