Moving out stress

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ghostangelcake7, Sep 17, 2016.

1. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

I just got a serious room offer and I can move as soon as this month, my ex is giving me such a hard time blaming me of the the relationship ending when he has a ton of rude habits and has no time for me anyway.
    I am really not feeling well, have to work tommorrow and not feeling it anymore but need the paycheck more than ever I guess. I hope my life gets better after I move out. I am otherwise not feeling 'life' anymore.

2. ghostangelcake7

Sorry to be down on here tonight. Just need my life to change NOW. I cannot keep living this way past this month. I am getting physical symptoms from my mental state. =/

3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

So glad you found a place to move to. I know you have been looking for quite a while. And it certainly is a chore, especially if you have a lot of stuff. As to your ex, sounds like the further away you get from him the better. As to work, it is necessary for survival. Otherwise I would have given it up years ago. :rolleyes: You will get through work tomorrow. Just keep the move in the back of your mind. Something to look forward to. And I get it about physical symptoms. I get them too. Have you tried any relaxation tapes, or even just relaxing music?

4. ghostangelcake7

Thanks, I sometimes feel too wound up to do that self help stuff. I really need the physical support of another human being or at least a pet I can cuddle..which i do not get. I do not understand why people have to make me feel so bad, i've been through a horrible trauma before him, not like i need extra stuff to feel bad about. I am getting chest pains really bad tonight from the stress and depression. To make matters worse I can't go to sleep until he's done GAMING. Inconsiderate J-E-R-K. Why??

5. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Sounds like you will soon be away from him. Keep that thought in mind.

6. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

@ghostangelcake7, remember he is an immature meh-whatever-spewing ayehole. He doesn't know how to express his emotions like an adult, so he's acting like a rebellious child who is paying you back for his negative emotions that he likely blames you for. You are strong, you did the right thing for yourself, you found a room!!! So happy to hear that, I hope that you will remember that your life will improve very quickly once you're out of there...bide your time, he's trying his best to make you suffer, please, if you can, try to detach, don't let him get to you...I know, that is so much easier said than done, but don't let him win please. You can do this. And what a jerk for being so inconsiderate, when can you leave?

ghostangelcake7 likes this.
  7. ghostangelcake7

Yes I know..=/ He really was trying my patience last night and testing me or something but it was a complete put off from keeping him in my life after the fact I move, and to make matters worse, he gamed noisily up until about 2a.m, I HAD to call out of work for the 3rd day in a row but luckily I have the excuse of a dental issue that I am seeing a dentist for Monday. I saw two rooms today, the first one I can move into at any point and it is the only room I have seen that I can take, there is another offer closer to where I am but still not in the same town I am considering. But I can move really any time now. I am just thinking about the commute as the room I can take it fairly distant from work and other responsibilities. But it's there if nothing else materializes in the coming days this week. It was a great space in a great location otherwise.

Frances M likes this.
  8. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I do hope that you can move out very soon. I know how it feels when they "test" you. You just want to ring their necks and yell "grow the eff up"....sounds like he's trying to get you fired or something...I hope that all is okay at work, sorry for the dental issue...I have to see the dentist on Thursday, not looking forward to it.

9. ghostangelcake7

Yes! I'm too patient and too tolerant. I dislike how they blame me and nothing about how THEY acted throughout the relationship. It grates me and makes me really want to severe ties, because I really don't think I'll need them in my life after I've moved out. We are not speaking at all, just small sentences like two cold strangers. I am stuck in the kitchen without privacy on my PC when he's here, and sucks having to keep closing the browser which is often..But otherwise its been amicable just saddening. I have no 'memories' of being with him..I might as well never mention I was ever in a relationship.

Yes, my teeth might have some problems, they've been bothering me for days. On the plus side, I have more housing options to consider, so I will be moving soon, I will take what I can get at this point. I am otherwise not going to get kicked out into the streets! Not like I deserve to be..I just feel so vulnerable and delicate right now. I have to go it alone. I'm freaked out but still happy about it too. Thanks for your support.

Frances M likes this.
  10. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

No, you won't need him or his kid whatsoever in your life when you're out of there. I know lots of people hold on to old relationships and stuff, but when something ends for me, it's over and done with. All evidence is removed from my life, I burn photos, delete anything with their name on it, even clothing that may have reminded me of them - gone. I need a swift pull of the bandaid to rip right off my skin and forget them and move on. Instead of feeling freaked out, change that to you're excited :) I'm excited for you, this is a great change!

11. ghostangelcake7

I'm the same way regarding breaking up. I get rid of anything and everything that might remind me of them having been in my life, but really there are no significant memories, and that is why I can't take him seriously. No pictures at all of us 'together' laughing or doing anything remotely interesting. I live like a retired widow with him =/ It's freaking boring and uneventful, and he goes out and goes to fairs and stuff and never tells me what he's doing (this is before we broke up)..

One more thing. I just got the BEST offer for a room I could ever fathom getting, and I am going to see it Wednesday. I feel like the Universe is finally giving me the ultimate resources to overcome this now, because I have been making an effort and applying myself to moving out, and it's paying off.
    I will only be living here probably the rest of the week!! Then my authentic life can finally begin...

12. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Congratulations!! I sure hope the room is as wonderful as it sounds and you can get out of there sooner! :) There are always better things around the corner if you open your eyes, mind and heart to them, I'm so glad you didn't let him win and bring you down with the ship. Hugs!

ghostangelcake7 likes this.
  13. ghostangelcake7

I agree. I hate feeling like I 'belong' or am like 'property' that being part of a couple has made me feel obligated. I am still experiencing residual feelings of being in a relationship, but those should go away shortly after I've physically left. I think the place will be as good as it sounds, and that's why I am exciting. It is with a kind and humorous elderly gentlemen who lives near the mountains and basically is in the sticks...but just enough that I am not completely alienated from society. I prefer to live this way at any point. So I am really feeling fortunate to be given this offer, because it's exactly what I need, and I was going to take the first room I saw yesterday, but it got this offer which completely superseded that one, and no children living there..I don't want to live in that environment.

Frances M likes this.
  14. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Earplugs to drown out that noise when you're trying to sleep and kids staying awake during school nights by his videogaming?