Multiple Diagnoses

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by houseofcards, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Does anybody here have more than 2 or 3 psychiatric diagnoses? I have 5...

Schizoaffective Disorder - Bipolar Type
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder
    Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
    Attention Deficit Disorder
    Avoidant Personality Disorder (Borderline Personality Disorder I have more traits of, but it's not diagnosed yet. I don't have enough criteria for avoidant anymore)

How do you deal with having all of them? Do you feel like all of them are accurate? Do you have any advice for others with multiple diagnoses?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

With most of the diagnosis hun they all intermingle and can be treated with same medicaiton and with therapy I think so many of us get different diagnosis when we see different docs they all put their own label on us.

3. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

I forgot to add OCD. so I have 6, but yeah, they definitely do all intermingle and meds and therapy can help all of them. I just wish there was a way to describe all of my diagnoses and symptoms in 3 words or less, not say "well, errr... I have a bunch....Do you want to know what one is the most important?" lol

4. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

i have a bunch of disorders too :( and yes they all intermingle.

5. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

They call it Affective disorder when theres more than 1 diagnosis, thats what im diagnosed as

6. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

I have Bipolar I, Panic Disorder, ADHD, and Personality Disorder NOS (lol). I don't deal with it too well so I don't have any tips.

7. kyangel04

kyangel04 Antiquities Friend

I have bipolar disorder II, complex PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder and disociative disorder NOS. I know they do affect each other. And, meds can help more than one thing. That's how it works for me. Also, I go to therapy.

8. indigogrl79

indigogrl79 Member

I was diagnosed at 19.. as a Manic Depressive. As years went by it was changed to Bipolar II with BPD & many other overlapping personality traits. Also I've been DXed with ADULT ADD.

.......go figure!

9. RumoursOfMyDemise

RumoursOfMyDemise Well-Known Member

I have social anxiety disorder, major depression, S.A.D, and I've also been diagnosed as being on the autistic spectrum.

10. indigogrl79

indigogrl79 Member

If I go back to the very first day of kindagarden.., My parents were told I had a attachement\seperation anxiety disorder. I was sent home early, and my mom stayed in the classroom with me for months afterwards. It took alot to get me to stay at school without crying and refusing to acknowledge others. She would first stay the whole day.... Then leave for short periods of time, then stay half a day..... Then just come and eat lunch with me.

Isn't it funny how I can remember such things at age 5, but not happier things? Hmmmmm...

11. Brynden

Brynden Well-Known Member

I have Uncomplicated PTSD and Depression NOS. I've also been diagnosed in the past as having ADD and I have symptoms of Borderline personality disorder.

12. Slothbear

Slothbear Well-Known Member

Bipolar II
    Borderline Personality Disorder
    ADD
    ........ ya

Not sure about the first two to tell you the truth.... especially the borderline thats my most recent diagnosis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.