Multiple Personalities

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by yursomedicated, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I think I have multiple personalities. My boyfriend and I fight because I will tell him not to do it but then I do it and when he does it I get mad. It makes total sense that I am. Can anyone that has it tell me what medication you are on and your symptoms I guess.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I wasn't quite sure what you were saying you would tell him not to do Ronnie, but my suggestion would be to tell your Doctor who will then refer you on to a psychiatrist for analysis and possible diagnosis.
    You definitely cannot diagnose this yourself without a professional.

3. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I have DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder, what used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder) and I can tell you that you definitely need to get a professional diagnosis. The reason I say this is because the symptoms of DID cross over into many other different psychological diagnosis, and if you're misdiagnosed you can be in a world of hurt, especially if you're given the wrong medications to handle it.

On another note, there is no medication for DID. None. They may give you meds for anxiety or for depression or any of the accompanying symptoms, but there is nothing that cures DID except therapy. And even then that's not 100% certain. Its a diagnosis I wouldn't wish on you.

If you wish to look up information on it, Google Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, as well as Dissociative Identity Disorder. Chances are, if anything, you have C-PTSD, as DID is the furthest end of the spectrum of C-PTSD, and C-PTSD also includes dissociation as a symptom.

See? That's what I mean. Cross-overs. You really need a professional diagnosis.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.